Blinking Icon

  • trumpetrod
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008
      The icon for WUHU in the browser tray keeps blinking. The log says
      "the alarm console failure has been activated". Then it says "the
      alarm console failure has been deactivated". I am using a La Crosse
      2310 and it appears to be operating normally.

      Rod
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2008
        Rod,

        This is an indication that there are communication errors.

        Do these errors happen from 12am to 6am or at other times?

        If they do happen between 12am and 6am, make sure your console clock
        time is set within a minute or two of the PC clock.

        If the errors are happening at other times, this indicates that the
        software has had 3 failures in a row to communicate with the console.
        Tjhis might be caused by a USB to serial adapter that does not follow
        the RS-232 specification or some other issue.

        You can go in to the alarms and un-check the "Console Update Failure"
        alarm if you want to ignore the errors.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "trumpetrod" <rodcih@...>
        wrote:

        > The icon for WUHU in the browser tray keeps blinking. The log says
        > "the alarm console failure has been activated". Then it says "the
        > alarm console failure has been deactivated". I am using a La Crosse
        > 2310 and it appears to be operating normally.
        >
        > Rod

      • trumpetrod
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2008

          > Rod,
          >
          > This is an indication that there are communication errors.
          >
          > Do these errors happen from 12am to 6am or at other times?
          >
          > If they do happen between 12am and 6am, make sure your console clock
          > time is set within a minute or two of the PC clock.
          >
          > If the errors are happening at other times, this indicates that the
          > software has had 3 failures in a row to communicate with the console.
          > Tjhis might be caused by a USB to serial adapter that does not follow
          > the RS-232 specification or some other issue.
          >
          > You can go in to the alarms and un-check the "Console Update Failure"
          > alarm if you want to ignore the errors.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "trumpetrod" <rodcih@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > The icon for WUHU in the browser tray keeps blinking. The log says
          > > "the alarm console failure has been activated". Then it says "the
          > > alarm console failure has been deactivated". I am using a La Crosse
          > > 2310 and it appears to be operating normally.
          > >
          > > Rod

          Thanks for the info. The errors seem to be around the clock and the
          pc clock is within 1 min. of the console.

          I un'checked the "Console Update Failure". Will see if that stops it.

          Rod