Weather Underground PWS

  • Ryan Weathers
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2008
      My wife asked me this question and I cannot find the answer. On my
      local weather page on Weather Underground, there are several PWS
      listed. Why is my station never the default station unless I select
      it? I originally thought that it had to do with how long a station is
      online, but I have seen a brand new station that is not uploading
      regularly (1 or 2 days a week) beet out my station. (When I say
      default station, I mean for someone to go to my area and never been
      there before, the default station is the one that is shown in the
      current conditions.)

      Anyone have a reason?

      FYI - My Zip code is 28655 and my station is Oak Hill. Silver Creek
      is always the default unless it is off line. The other station that
      is there intermittently is Swan Ponds. Last week Silver Creek was off
      line for a few days and Swan Ponds took its place as the default station.