Re: Weather station(s)

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 4, 2008
      This freezing stuff is the main reason I decided to switch.

      Rick
      KOHWAPAK1

      http://www.bright.net/~cfr301/weather.htm

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Parker
      <kamakzie@...> wrote:

      > I wish they made a cup style anemometer for the 3610...
      >

      > Rick wrote:
      > >
      > > David, It would be a WHOLE lot cheaper to do what I am presently
      > > doing switch to the cup type wind sensor. I was able to get one for
      > > 34.00 Plus shipping bout 44.00 total.
      > >
      > > They are reported to be much more accurate and will work with the 2310
      > > just fine. Heres The model Number La Crosse Technology TX20U
      > > replacement Wind Sensor
      > >
      > > Rick
      > > KOHWAPAK1
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "wuhu_software"
      > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > David,
      > > >
      > > > After the storm, is the problem that the wind speeds are not
      accurate?

      > > > I had the same thing happen a few years back. When the winds really
      > > > kick up, they blow sand and really tiny debris in the bearings on
      > > > those turbines. Before I gave up the sensor, I would attempt to
      spray
      > > > the bearings with silicon lubricant. The close the jet of the spray
      > > > is to the bearing the better, it might knock the tiny
      debris/sand out.

      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "David" <ke5egi@>

      I was
      > > > would
      > > > still

    • Radu Eugen
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 4, 2008
        Hi, anemometer TX 20 suits your needs, buy it and all your problems will be gone for good !
        All the best, Eugen Radu, Oradea, Romania

        Rick wrote:

        > David, It would be a WHOLE lot cheaper to do what I am presently
        > doing switch to the cup type wind sensor. I was able to get one for
        > 34.00 Plus shipping bout 44.00 total.
        >
        > They are reported to be much more accurate and will work with the 2310
        > just fine. Heres The model Number La Crosse Technology TX20U
        > replacement Wind Sensor
        >
        > Rick
        > KOHWAPAK1
        >
        > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com
        > <mailto:wuhu_ software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>, "wuhu_software"
        > <wuhu_software@ ...> wrote:
        > >

        > > David,
        > >
        > > After the storm, is the problem that the wind speeds are not accurate?
        > >
        > > I had the same thing happen a few years back. When the winds really
        > > kick up, they blow sand and really tiny debris in the bearings on
        > > those turbines. Before I gave up the sensor, I would attempt to spray
        > > the bearings with silicon lubricant. The close the jet of the spray
        > > is to the bearing the better, it might knock the tiny debris/sand out.
        > >

        > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com
        > <mailto:wuhu_ software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>, "David" <ke5egi@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi all. It's been awhile since I've been here but I do keep up, or
        > > > try to, with this group for it is a great group.
        > > > I have a question and it apprecate your opinions & thoughts on this.
        > > >
        > > > Yesterday my LaCrosse 2310 took a pretty good blow from the high
        > > > winds we got when a storm system passed through the area and even
        > > > though it's back up and going, it isn't giving "true" readings like
        > > > it did before the storm passed through.
        > > >
        > > > I'm going to start putting money into my new "weather station fund"
        > > > and I want to see what everyone's thoughts are as to which
        > > > brand/model is the best to get to replace mine.
        > > >
        > > > Now, money will have to be the priority for the new system so I was
        > > > hoping to keep it below say $200, even better if it's below $150.
        > > > I've had my LaCrosse for 3-4 yrs and it's been good and even though
        > > > it doesn't give better "real-time" readings, that's okay. So I
        > > would
        > > > like to stick with a LaCrosse or maybe somethng better but yet,
        > > still
        > > > affordable.
        > > >
        > > > I do still want to be able to upload to my PC for things like WUHU
        > > > and Weather Underground, etc.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks everyone. You all have been great.
        > > >
        > > > David

      • Shawn Parker
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 4, 2008
          So this hear would definitely work?

          http://www.ambientweather.com/latx20u.html

          Radu Eugen wrote:
          > Hi, anemometer TX 20 suits your needs, buy it and all your problems
          > will be gone for good !
          > All the best, Eugen Radu, Oradea, Romania
          >
          > */Shawn Parker <kamakzie@...>/* wrote:
          >
          > I wish they made a cup style anemometer for the 3610...
          >
          > Rick wrote:
          > >
          > > David, It would be a WHOLE lot cheaper to do what I am presently
          > > doing switch to the cup type wind sensor. I was able to get one for
          > > 34.00 Plus shipping bout 44.00 total.
          > >
          > > They are reported to be much more accurate and will work with
          > the 2310
          > > just fine. Heres The model Number La Crosse Technology TX20U
          > > replacement Wind Sensor
          > >
          > > Rick
          > > KOHWAPAK1
          > >
          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>
          > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "wuhu_software"
          > > <wuhu_software@...> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > David,
          > > >
          > > > After the storm, is the problem that the wind speeds are not
          > accurate?
          > > >
          > > > I had the same thing happen a few years back. When the winds
          > really
          > > > kick up, they blow sand and really tiny debris in the bearings on
          > > > those turbines. Before I gave up the sensor, I would attempt
          > to spray
          > > > the bearings with silicon lubricant. The close the jet of the
          > spray
          > > > is to the bearing the better, it might knock the tiny
          > debris/sand out.
          > > >

          > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>
          > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "David" <ke5egi@>

          > up, or
          > on this.

          > even
          > readings like

          > station fund"

          > so I was
          > $150.
          > though
          > > > would
          > > > still

          > like WUHU

          > Search.
          > <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

        • Radu Eugen
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 4, 2008
            Absolutely, it catches winds starting from 0.3 km/h, you won't believe it !
            I have a cup anemometer and it works fine, it is the best choice !

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 4, 2008
              Reportedly its been tested with the 23xx series if your 36xx series
              wind sensor is trhe same as the 23xx series I suspect it would work,
              just a phone jack type hookup like the one that came with the unit.

              I am waiting for mine to arrive from Arizona.

              <kamakzie@...> wrote:

              > So this hear would definitely work?
              >
              > http://www.ambientweather.com/latx20u.html
              >

              > Radu Eugen wrote:
              > > Hi, anemometer TX 20 suits your needs, buy it and all your problems
              > > will be gone for good !
              > > All the best, Eugen Radu, Oradea, Romania
              > >
              > > */Shawn Parker <kamakzie@...>/* wrote:
              > >
              > > I wish they made a cup style anemometer for the 3610...
              > >
              > > Rick wrote:
              > > >
              > > > David, It would be a WHOLE lot cheaper to do what I am presently
              > > > doing switch to the cup type wind sensor. I was able to get
              one for
              > > > 34.00 Plus shipping bout 44.00 total.
              > > >
              > > > They are reported to be much more accurate and will work with
              > > the 2310
              > > > just fine. Heres The model Number La Crosse Technology TX20U
              > > > replacement Wind Sensor
              > > >
              > > > Rick
              > > > KOHWAPAK1
              > > >
              > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
              > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>
              > > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "wuhu_software"

              > > accurate?

              > > really
              > > to spray
              > > spray
              > > debris/sand out.

              > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>
              > > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "David"
              <ke5egi@>

              > > up, or
              > > on this.

              > > even
              > > readings like

              > > station fund"

              > > so I was
              > > $150.
              > > though

              > > like WUHU

              > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!
              > > Search.

              <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

            • David
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 5, 2008
                Well, my wind readings are off some and the time it takes to upload
                from the weather console to my PC is off too but it's not just the
                wind readings, it's also the temp/hum readings as well.
                After reading everyone's thoughts on this, I am goign to look for
                another 2310 for I really like it.
                And if I get home in time today, I am going to look and spray the
                winds speed bearings for I know in the 3-4yrs I have had it, I've
                never sprayed any lubricant to those areas.
                Thanks for the idea.

                David

                > David,
                >
                > After the storm, is the problem that the wind speeds are not
                accurate?

                > I had the same thing happen a few years back. When the winds really
                > kick up, they blow sand and really tiny debris in the bearings on
                > those turbines. Before I gave up the sensor, I would attempt to
                spray
                > the bearings with silicon lubricant. The close the jet of the spray
                > is to the bearing the better, it might knock the tiny debris/sand
                out.

                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "David" <ke5egi@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi all. It's been awhile since I've been here but I do keep up,
                or
                > > try to, with this group for it is a great group.
                > > I have a question and it apprecate your opinions & thoughts on
                this.

                > > Yesterday my LaCrosse 2310 took a pretty good blow from the high
                > > winds we got when a storm system passed through the area and even
                > > though it's back up and going, it isn't giving "true" readings
                like
                > > it did before the storm passed through.
                > >
                > > I'm going to start putting money into my new "weather station
                fund"
                > > and I want to see what everyone's thoughts are as to which
                > > brand/model is the best to get to replace mine.
                > >
                > > Now, money will have to be the priority for the new system so I
                was
                > > hoping to keep it below say $200, even better if it's below $150.
                > > I've had my LaCrosse for 3-4 yrs and it's been good and even
                though
                > > it doesn't give better "real-time" readings, that's okay. So I
                > would
                > > like to stick with a LaCrosse or maybe somethng better but yet,
                > still
                > > affordable.
                > >
                > > I do still want to be able to upload to my PC for things like
                WUHU
                > > and Weather Underground, etc.
                > >
                > > Thanks everyone. You all have been great.
                > >
                > > David

              • David
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 5, 2008
                  Hi Rick. Thanks for the heads up on this. I am going to get a cup-
                  type and try that out. I think it would work better too.
                  I saw LaCrosse doesn't sell them but a few other weather sites do.

                  David--- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <cfr301@...>
                  wrote:

                  > David, It would be a WHOLE lot cheaper to do what I am presently
                  > doing switch to the cup type wind sensor. I was able to get one for
                  > 34.00 Plus shipping bout 44.00 total.
                  >
                  > They are reported to be much more accurate and will work with the
                  2310
                  > just fine. Heres The model Number La Crosse Technology TX20U
                  > replacement Wind Sensor
                  >
                  > Rick
                  > KOHWAPAK1

                  > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > David,
                  > >
                  > > After the storm, is the problem that the wind speeds are not
                  accurate?

                  > > I had the same thing happen a few years back. When the winds
                  really
                  > > kick up, they blow sand and really tiny debris in the bearings on
                  > > those turbines. Before I gave up the sensor, I would attempt to
                  spray
                  > > the bearings with silicon lubricant. The close the jet of the
                  spray
                  > > is to the bearing the better, it might knock the tiny debris/sand
                  out.

                  > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "David" <ke5egi@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi all. It's been awhile since I've been here but I do keep up,
                  or
                  > > > try to, with this group for it is a great group.
                  > > > I have a question and it apprecate your opinions & thoughts on
                  this.

                  > > > Yesterday my LaCrosse 2310 took a pretty good blow from the
                  high
                  > > > winds we got when a storm system passed through the area and
                  even
                  > > > though it's back up and going, it isn't giving "true" readings
                  like
                  > > > it did before the storm passed through.
                  > > >
                  > > > I'm going to start putting money into my new "weather station
                  fund"
                  > > > and I want to see what everyone's thoughts are as to which
                  > > > brand/model is the best to get to replace mine.
                  > > >
                  > > > Now, money will have to be the priority for the new system so I
                  was
                  > > > hoping to keep it below say $200, even better if it's below
                  $150.
                  > > > I've had my LaCrosse for 3-4 yrs and it's been good and even
                  though
                  > > > it doesn't give better "real-time" readings, that's okay. So I
                  > > would
                  > > > like to stick with a LaCrosse or maybe somethng better but yet,
                  > > still
                  > > > affordable.
                  > > >
                  > > > I do still want to be able to upload to my PC for things like
                  WUHU
                  > > > and Weather Underground, etc.
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks everyone. You all have been great.
                  > > >
                  > > > David

                • David
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 5, 2008
                    Well, I've been very satisfied with my 2310 and I am looking at
                    getting another in maybe a few weeks, give or take or just replace a
                    couple of the sensors like the temp/hum and wind to my unit now.
                    Haven't figured the cost up yet on to buy a new one, or replace a
                    little bit at a time.
                    Everything seems to work, just seems like its giving slow readings
                    from the console to my PC, and at times it seems like the wind speed
                    is off.

                    David

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"