Re: Odd Log Readings

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
      Rick,

      I have seen some strange things out there. One guy had his wind
      direction reporting plus and minus 180 degrees every couple of
      seconds. I suspect those bogus wind reports might be related.

      Keep an eye on it. We might want to log more data when this is
      happening.

      Do you have a WS-23XX or a WS-36XX? I am wondering how the wind gust
      could be different from the wind speed on a single reading if you
      have a WS-23XX?

      Thanks.

      Heath

> [...]
      > Sat Mar 01 18:25:03 2008 > Alarm Weather Underground Upload Failure
      > has been deactivated.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:14:51 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average
      of
      > 1.6 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:14:51 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced
      with
      > average of 1.7 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:16:07 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average
      of
      > 1.6 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:16:07 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced
      with
      > average of 1.7 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:16:42 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average
      of
      > 1.6 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:16:42 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced
      with
      > average of 1.7 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:16:59 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average
      of
      > 1.6 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:16:59 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced
      with
      > average of 1.7 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:17:50 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average
      of
      > 1.6 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:17:50 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced
      with
      > average of 1.6 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:18:33 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average
      of
      > 1.5 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:18:33 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced
      with
      > average of 1.6 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:19:05 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average
      of
      > 1.5 MPH.
      > Sat Mar 01 22:19:05 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced

    • Rick
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
        2310, and I have readings above 60mph ignored because its done this
        before Usually when a rapid wind direction change happens , like when
        a front comes in from the N/W with high wind gust and previous
        readings were out of say the S/E. Only happens for a min or so then
        stops.

        The other night the radio RF was happening at the same time I know
        because I was watching Law & Order at the time on an HD channel and it
        was annoying me, the RF lines coming in my cable!!

        Rick
        KOHWAPAK1

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
          Sounds like someone has a high power transmitter nearby (and probably
          illegal).

> [...]
          > > > Sat Mar 01 22:18:33 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH
          Detected.
          > > > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with
          average
          > > of
          > > > 1.5 MPH.
          > > > Sat Mar 01 22:18:33 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
          > > > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled.
          Replaced
          > > with
          > > > average of 1.6 MPH.
          > > > Sat Mar 01 22:19:05 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH
          Detected.
          > > > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with
          average
          > > of
          > > > 1.5 MPH.
          > > > Sat Mar 01 22:19:05 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
          > > > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled.

        • Rick
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
            I done already checked all around my house found no outside antennas,
            Kinda suspected "bandit" band CB radios myself, but haven't seen
            anything like it. I do know the sheriffs tower on uhf in this county
            is close to my providers sat dishes...

            Rick
            KOHWAPAK1

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
              My brother in law who drives truck for a living dabbles with those.

              They would be hard to spot if they are rolling down the street in a
              pickup truck.