Odd Log Readings

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
      Heath this is really WEIRD. The upload failures are not weird but the
      wind readings are, I was watching TV at the time these occured and
      watching a HD channel and was seeing flashes on the screen of lines
      every few seconds or so, I looked outside suspecting a Police Car or
      Fire Truck in the area was transmitting RF in the area didn't see
      anyone but within a short time, in the frame of these wind errors it
      stopped.

      I've had these errors before, when the wind suddenly changes its
      direction, and like in this log last a little bit the calms down back
      to good readings again.

      Rick
      KOHWAPAK1

      Sat Mar 01 18:24:34 2008 > Weather Underground Final Fatal Eror (No
      more retries): InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002efd (12029),
      ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT.
      Sat Mar 01 18:24:34 2008 > Weather Underground Upload has Failed.
      Sat Mar 01 18:24:34 2008 > Alarm Weather Underground Upload Failure
      has been activated.
      Sat Mar 01 18:24:51 2008 > Weather Underground Final Fatal Eror (No
      more retries): InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002efd (12029),
      ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT.
      Sat Mar 01 18:24:51 2008 > Weather Underground Upload has Failed.
      Sat Mar 01 18:25:03 2008 > Alarm Weather Underground Upload Failure
      has been deactivated.
      Sat Mar 01 22:14:51 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average of
      1.6 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:14:51 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with
      average of 1.7 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:16:07 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average of
      1.6 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:16:07 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with
      average of 1.7 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:16:42 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average of
      1.6 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:16:42 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with
      average of 1.7 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:16:59 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average of
      1.6 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:16:59 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with
      average of 1.7 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:17:50 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average of
      1.6 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:17:50 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with
      average of 1.6 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:18:33 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average of
      1.5 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:18:33 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with
      average of 1.6 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:19:05 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
      Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average of
      1.5 MPH.
      Sat Mar 01 22:19:05 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
        Rick,

        I have seen some strange things out there. One guy had his wind
        direction reporting plus and minus 180 degrees every couple of
        seconds. I suspect those bogus wind reports might be related.

        Keep an eye on it. We might want to log more data when this is
        happening.

        Do you have a WS-23XX or a WS-36XX? I am wondering how the wind gust
        could be different from the wind speed on a single reading if you
        have a WS-23XX?

        Thanks.

        Heath

> [...]
        with
        > average of 1.6 MPH.
        > Sat Mar 01 22:18:33 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
        > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average
        of
        > 1.5 MPH.
        > Sat Mar 01 22:18:33 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
        > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced
        with
        > average of 1.6 MPH.
        > Sat Mar 01 22:19:05 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH Detected.
        > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with average
        of
        > 1.5 MPH.
        > Sat Mar 01 22:19:05 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
        > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
          2310, and I have readings above 60mph ignored because its done this
          before Usually when a rapid wind direction change happens , like when
          a front comes in from the N/W with high wind gust and previous
          readings were out of say the S/E. Only happens for a min or so then
          stops.

          The other night the radio RF was happening at the same time I know
          because I was watching Law & Order at the time on an HD channel and it
          was annoying me, the RF lines coming in my cable!!

          Rick
          KOHWAPAK1

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
            Sounds like someone has a high power transmitter nearby (and probably
            illegal).

> [...]
            > > > Sat Mar 01 22:18:33 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH
            Detected.
            > > > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with
            average
            > > of
            > > > 1.5 MPH.
            > > > Sat Mar 01 22:18:33 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
            > > > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled.
            Replaced
            > > with
            > > > average of 1.6 MPH.
            > > > Sat Mar 01 22:19:05 2008 > Wind Speed Reading of 63.0 MPH
            Detected.
            > > > Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled. Replaced with
            average
            > > of
            > > > 1.5 MPH.
            > > > Sat Mar 01 22:19:05 2008 > Wind Gust Speed Reading of 65.9 MPH
            > > > Detected. Reject Known Bad Wind Speed Readings Enabled.

          • Rick
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
              I done already checked all around my house found no outside antennas,
              Kinda suspected "bandit" band CB radios myself, but haven't seen
              anything like it. I do know the sheriffs tower on uhf in this county
              is close to my providers sat dishes...

              Rick
              KOHWAPAK1

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
                My brother in law who drives truck for a living dabbles with those.

                They would be hard to spot if they are rolling down the street in a
                pickup truck.