Re: WUHU 2.16

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2008

      Dave,

      The temperature control is an activex control. It is probably trying to self-register but is not able to.

      The only thing I can think of at the moment is to use the Linux version minus the activex to get you going.

      Did you install any needed service packs and patches?

      This this version that has no active X controls:

      WUHU216_32_B19.zip

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "tangodelta72" <tangodelta@...> wrote:

      > I did a fresh boot, double checked task manager, the only things
      > running are explorer and systray. The install still gets the same
      > error. I downloaded another copy of WUHU216 from your websight and
      > get the same results. It always stops at 78% with the same error.

      > wuhu_software@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Make sure you do not have a copy of WUHU running on the tray or
      > that
      > > did not shut down properly (check your task list).
      > >
      > > If you are sure you do not have another copy running, perform a
      > fresh
      > > reboot, shut down any apps in the tray you do not need, and try the
      > > install again.
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "tangodelta72"
      > > <tangodelta@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I am still trying to install WUHU 2.16 from a file named
      > > WUHU216_32.zip.
      > > > The computer runs win98. I get an error message:
      > > >
      > > > an error occured during the move data process: -11.9
      > > > Components: DLLs
      > > > FileGroup: Program DLLs
      > > > File: C:\ProgramFiles\WUHU\TemperatureCntl.dll
      > > >
      > > > I have run WUHU 2.16 on win 98 but had to reload due to a drive
      > crash.
      > > >
      > > > Help, Mr. WUHU
      > > >
      > > > Dave

    • tangodelta72
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2008
        That has solved the problem. I must be missing an update or
        something, though I have searched and downloaded/installed everything
        I could find including updates for ie6 SP1. Now I don't get to see
        the cool gauges but am up again. Thanks for your help and if you
        think of anything else, please let me know. (I realize this will not
        be your first priority)

        Dave

        <http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/files/WUHU216_32_B19_WINE.zip>

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2008
          Good luck with it.

          It would be impossible for me to replicate the problem as my Windows
          Me does not have the problem.

          You might Google for ActiveX installation failures. I have no clue.

          Thanks.