Re: TE923 Question.

  • schaka1
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
      I had a similar problem and their tech service suggested this and it
      worked:

      1. Please remove power to the Main unit (AC adapter & batteries, etc)

      2. Allow unit 30 to 60 seconds to cool down and reset

      3. Replace all power to the unit

      4. Allow 6-8 minutes without touching any buttons so remotes can
      synchronize.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
        Will give it a shot.

        Thanks.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "schaka1" <blkguy@...>

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
          I tried the battery removal, installed on a different computer, still
          no go.

          For whatever reason, the console is displaying the wind data however
          it does not show up on the software.

          This is a TE924, so maybe you have to have the 1.4 software.

          Did you happen to save it to your HD?

          It is called Weather1.4.zip, but I cannot find a copy on the net.

          > Will give it a shot.
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "schaka1" <blkguy@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I had a similar problem and their tech service suggested this and
          it
          > > worked:
          > >
          > > 1. Please remove power to the Main unit (AC adapter & batteries,
          > etc)
          > >
          > > 2. Allow unit 30 to 60 seconds to cool down and reset
          > >
          > > 3. Replace all power to the unit
          > >
          > > 4. Allow 6-8 minutes without touching any buttons so remotes can
          > > synchronize.

          > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Is anyone out there running the TE923?
          > > >
          > > > If so, did you get a copy of the WeatherCapture 1.4?
          > > >
          > > > I have 1.3 and it is not showing the wind speed or writing to
          the
          > > > records.txt file.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks.

        • schaka1
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
            No go on Weather Capture being on my hard drive. Here's the email of
            the product manager, perhaps he can help.

            Bruce Virell <bvirell@...>

            Chuck

            > I tried the battery removal, installed on a different computer, still
            > no go.
            >
            > For whatever reason, the console is displaying the wind data however
            > it does not show up on the software.
            >
            > This is a TE924, so maybe you have to have the 1.4 software.
            >
            > Did you happen to save it to your HD?
            >
            > It is called Weather1.4.zip, but I cannot find a copy on the net.
            >
            > Thanks.

            > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Will give it a shot.
            > >
            > > Thanks.
            > >
            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "schaka1" <blkguy@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I had a similar problem and their tech service suggested this and
            > it
            > > > worked:
            > > >
            > > > 1. Please remove power to the Main unit (AC adapter & batteries,
            > > etc)
            > > >
            > > > 2. Allow unit 30 to 60 seconds to cool down and reset
            > > >
            > > > 3. Replace all power to the unit
            > > >
            > > > 4. Allow 6-8 minutes without touching any buttons so remotes can
            > > > synchronize.

            > the

          • schaka1
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 16, 2008
              This may be too late but you were looking for a copy of WeatherCapture
              1.4. The web site is back up and that version is available for download.

              http://www.honeywellweatherstations.com/Support.html

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 16, 2008
                I did download a copy and try it.

                The software still does not pick up the wind speed and direction.

                The data does show up on the console.

                Any ideas?

                wrote:

                > This may be too late but you were looking for a copy of
                WeatherCapture
                > 1.4. The web site is back up and that version is available for
                download.

                > http://www.honeywellweatherstations.com/Support.html

                > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Is anyone out there running the TE923?
                > >
                > > If so, did you get a copy of the WeatherCapture 1.4?
                > >
                > > I have 1.3 and it is not showing the wind speed or writing to the
                > > records.txt file.
                > >
                > > Thanks.

              • schaka1
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 16, 2008
                  Sorry, no new ideas! My TE923 will infrequently stop receiving wind
                  speed and direction. Once it stopped receiving rain data. In both
                  cases the console showed data. The first time they replaced the
                  console. The 2nd they sent me the cold boot procedure I sent you.

                  Chuck

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 16, 2008
                    Thanks for the info.

                    Apparently this is some type of software issue as the data is on the
                    console but never makes it to the software. I have tried 1.3 and 1.4
                    on two different computers with the same results.

                    I will let you know if it suddendly decides to display the data.