TE923 Question.

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
      Is anyone out there running the TE923?

      If so, did you get a copy of the WeatherCapture 1.4?

      I have 1.3 and it is not showing the wind speed or writing to the
      records.txt file.

      Thanks.
    • schaka1
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
        I'm running the TE923 but with Weather Display. I tried to download
        Weather Capture 1.4 to check for you but the site is down

        > Is anyone out there running the TE923?
        >
        > If so, did you get a copy of the WeatherCapture 1.4?
        >
        > I have 1.3 and it is not showing the wind speed or writing to the
        > records.txt file.
        >
        > Thanks.

      • schaka1
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
          I had a similar problem and their tech service suggested this and it
          worked:

          1. Please remove power to the Main unit (AC adapter & batteries, etc)

          2. Allow unit 30 to 60 seconds to cool down and reset

          3. Replace all power to the unit

          4. Allow 6-8 minutes without touching any buttons so remotes can
          synchronize.

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
            Will give it a shot.

            Thanks.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "schaka1" <blkguy@...>

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
              I tried the battery removal, installed on a different computer, still
              no go.

              For whatever reason, the console is displaying the wind data however
              it does not show up on the software.

              This is a TE924, so maybe you have to have the 1.4 software.

              Did you happen to save it to your HD?

              It is called Weather1.4.zip, but I cannot find a copy on the net.

              > Will give it a shot.
              >
              > Thanks.
              >
              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "schaka1" <blkguy@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I had a similar problem and their tech service suggested this and
              it
              > > worked:
              > >
              > > 1. Please remove power to the Main unit (AC adapter & batteries,
              > etc)
              > >
              > > 2. Allow unit 30 to 60 seconds to cool down and reset
              > >
              > > 3. Replace all power to the unit
              > >
              > > 4. Allow 6-8 minutes without touching any buttons so remotes can
              > > synchronize.

              > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
              > > >

              > > > Is anyone out there running the TE923?
              > > >
              > > > If so, did you get a copy of the WeatherCapture 1.4?
              > > >
              > > > I have 1.3 and it is not showing the wind speed or writing to
              the
              > > > records.txt file.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks.

            • schaka1
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
                No go on Weather Capture being on my hard drive. Here's the email of
                the product manager, perhaps he can help.

                Bruce Virell <bvirell@...>

                Chuck

                > I tried the battery removal, installed on a different computer, still
                > no go.
                >
                > For whatever reason, the console is displaying the wind data however
                > it does not show up on the software.
                >
                > This is a TE924, so maybe you have to have the 1.4 software.
                >
                > Did you happen to save it to your HD?
                >
                > It is called Weather1.4.zip, but I cannot find a copy on the net.
                >
                > Thanks.

                > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Will give it a shot.
                > >
                > > Thanks.
                > >
                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "schaka1" <blkguy@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I had a similar problem and their tech service suggested this and
                > it
                > > > worked:
                > > >
                > > > 1. Please remove power to the Main unit (AC adapter & batteries,
                > > etc)
                > > >
                > > > 2. Allow unit 30 to 60 seconds to cool down and reset
                > > >
                > > > 3. Replace all power to the unit
                > > >
                > > > 4. Allow 6-8 minutes without touching any buttons so remotes can
                > > > synchronize.

                > the

              • schaka1
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 16, 2008
                  This may be too late but you were looking for a copy of WeatherCapture
                  1.4. The web site is back up and that version is available for download.

                  http://www.honeywellweatherstations.com/Support.html

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 16, 2008
                    I did download a copy and try it.

                    The software still does not pick up the wind speed and direction.

                    The data does show up on the console.

                    Any ideas?

                    wrote:

                    > This may be too late but you were looking for a copy of
                    WeatherCapture
                    > 1.4. The web site is back up and that version is available for
                    download.

                    > http://www.honeywellweatherstations.com/Support.html

                    > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Is anyone out there running the TE923?
                    > >
                    > > If so, did you get a copy of the WeatherCapture 1.4?
                    > >
                    > > I have 1.3 and it is not showing the wind speed or writing to the
                    > > records.txt file.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks.

                  • schaka1
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 16, 2008
                      Sorry, no new ideas! My TE923 will infrequently stop receiving wind
                      speed and direction. Once it stopped receiving rain data. In both
                      cases the console showed data. The first time they replaced the
                      console. The 2nd they sent me the cold boot procedure I sent you.

                      Chuck

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 16, 2008
                        Thanks for the info.

                        Apparently this is some type of software issue as the data is on the
                        console but never makes it to the software. I have tried 1.3 and 1.4
                        on two different computers with the same results.

                        I will let you know if it suddendly decides to display the data.