Re: [wuhu_software_group] difference between WS-2310 & WS-2308

  • Rich Brunnworth
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
      Pretty sure they are compatible although I believe the update rate of
      the 2308 is slower than the 2310.

      Rich

      --
      Rich
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        The update rates are the same for the WS-2308 and the WS-2310.

        What might be different is the outdoor humidity sensor.

        Depending on your version of the WS-2310, it could either support the
        full range (1-99%) or the older (19-90%). There was no easy wayt to
        tell the difference except for the packaging in came in. The older
        models came in a thin rectagular box, the newer ones shipped in a box
        that is more like a cube.

        The WS-2308 has the full range humidity sensor.

        I had a WS-2310 that was damaged by lighting and swapped out the
        console only. It ran fine but had the limited humidity range.
        Eventually I swapped out the remote thermo to get the full range.

        My old wind sensor is still up there, so the WS-2308 for sure works
        with the older WS-2310 sensors.

        The rain buckets are the same, not only on the WS-2308, but it is the
        same rain bucket on the WS-3610. I pulled both appart, they have the
        same components on the circuit boards, even the same revision number
        silk screened on the circuit board.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Rich Brunnworth