difference between WS-2310 & WS-2308

  • seez52
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
      I've got a 2310 up and running now, had it for a while. I noticed the
      other day when working near the wind guage it was quite noisy. Not
      sure if it's about to go out or what, but you could really hear it
      spinning.

      My question is: Was thinking about getting a backup and saw the 2308
      at the Big Outlet. The sensors look the same, and sounds like it does
      the same thing, but wanted to make sure they would be cross
      compatible. That way I can use both base stations interchangeably and
      simultaneously. With a backup, thought I might also try implementing
      the modifications to get faster updates.
    • Rich Brunnworth
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
        Pretty sure they are compatible although I believe the update rate of
        the 2308 is slower than the 2310.

        Rich

        --
        Rich
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
          The update rates are the same for the WS-2308 and the WS-2310.

          What might be different is the outdoor humidity sensor.

          Depending on your version of the WS-2310, it could either support the
          full range (1-99%) or the older (19-90%). There was no easy wayt to
          tell the difference except for the packaging in came in. The older
          models came in a thin rectagular box, the newer ones shipped in a box
          that is more like a cube.

          The WS-2308 has the full range humidity sensor.

          I had a WS-2310 that was damaged by lighting and swapped out the
          console only. It ran fine but had the limited humidity range.
          Eventually I swapped out the remote thermo to get the full range.

          My old wind sensor is still up there, so the WS-2308 for sure works
          with the older WS-2310 sensors.

          The rain buckets are the same, not only on the WS-2308, but it is the
          same rain bucket on the WS-3610. I pulled both appart, they have the
          same components on the circuit boards, even the same revision number
          silk screened on the circuit board.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Rich Brunnworth