Inspeed Vortex

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 22 5:07 PM
      I installed the Inspeed Vortex wind sensor last night.
      I have it mounted right beside the Lacrosse unit.
      I am running dual programs so that I can compare the two sensors.
      We have not had much of any wind since I installed it (go figure)
      However we have had some slight breezes and some light & fluffy snow.
      Results so far.
      The Lacrosse has not recorded any wind at all
      The Inspeed Vortex has recorded some breezes through out the day.
      Inspection results;
      The Lacrosse has some snow settled into the bottom of the turbine
      shroud. Probably just enough so the gentle breeze is not enough to
      turn the turbine and clear out the snow.
      The Inspeed has some snow in each of the cups.
      Remember this is light fluffy snow, so no frozen or heavy wet snow
      anywhere.
      So, I am impressed.
      I am not touching either sensor to clean out any of the snow, I will
      wait to see what happens.
      Steve
    • Michael
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 27, 2008
        Gentlemen:

        I, too, am interested in replacing my 2317 anemometer with something
        more accurate. If I am understanding correctly, I can run the Inspeed
        Vortex directly to my computer and the WUHU Software will pick up the
        information??? Is this correct?

        Also, which one of the models at the Inspeed site do you all recommend?

        Thanks,
        Michael D.
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 27, 2008
          Michael,
          That is correct WUHU will pick up the signal, just need to make an
          entry in the ini file to look for it.
          I would just get the base Inspeed Vortex. You do not need any software
          with it. You would also need the adapter unless you want to make your
          own.
          Steve

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Michael"
          <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

          > Gentlemen:
          >
          > I, too, am interested in replacing my 2317 anemometer with something
          > more accurate. If I am understanding correctly, I can run the
          Inspeed
          > Vortex directly to my computer and the WUHU Software will pick up
          the
          > information??? Is this correct?
          >
          > Also, which one of the models at the Inspeed site do you all
          recommend?

          > Thanks,
          > Michael D.

        • oldcessna21
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
            Hi Folks;
            This is Dennis from IZAMBALE1 in the Philippines.
            I just installed a Davis Pro II to replace my WMR968. (The anemometer
            failed)
            When I purchased the Davis pro, I also purchased an Inspeed Vortex
            anemometer.
            Both are now installed, and the Davis is working as advertised, but
            when I try to access the Vortex, the computer responds that it cannot
            find the alternate sensor on the port specified. I have tried to
            change the specified port in the .ini file and that changes the the
            port of the weather station.
            Can someone explain what I need to do to gather the info from the
            Vortex? The station is on com1 and the vortex is on com4.
            Any help will be appreciated.
            Dennis
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
              Dennis, I am at work right now and do not have access to my computer.
              You may be able to find the answer to your question by searching this
              forum, It was posted here some time ago. If you don't find it let me
              know and I will try to did up the entries you need to make to the ini
              file.
              Steve

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "oldcessna21"
              <oldcessna21@...> wrote:

              > Hi Folks;
              > This is Dennis from IZAMBALE1 in the Philippines.
              > I just installed a Davis Pro II to replace my WMR968. (The
              anemometer
              > failed)
              > When I purchased the Davis pro, I also purchased an Inspeed Vortex
              > anemometer.
              > Both are now installed, and the Davis is working as advertised, but
              > when I try to access the Vortex, the computer responds that it
              cannot
              > find the alternate sensor on the port specified. I have tried to
              > change the specified port in the .ini file and that changes the the
              > port of the weather station.
              > Can someone explain what I need to do to gather the info from the
              > Vortex? The station is on com1 and the vortex is on com4.
              > Any help will be appreciated.
              > Dennis

            • Shawn Parker
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
                I get this error in WUHU..

                Tue Mar 03 12:22:47 2009 > Cannot retrieve console history because the
                PC clock and console clock are too far out of sync.
                Tue Mar 03 12:22:47 2009 > Console history was not read completely. 0
                records were collected. 0 records were stored. 0 records were
                uploaded. 0 records were uploaded to Hamweather

                Any ideas?
              • Rick
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
                  I had this same Problem over the weekend for 6 hours on Sat. I had
                  not even been on the computer when it started. I did everything
                  rebooted reinstalled WUHU cleared everything out started over still
                  same thing.

                  So Then I cleared out usb ports put new USB to seial connector in
                  line, still same thing.

                  Finally I rebooted once again set a new com port and just let it go
                  suddenly it started working again. I have NO Idea what caused it and
                  don't know what fixed it. But you might try setting a diff com port

                  Rick
                  KOHWAPAK1

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Parker

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
                    Dennis I found this in the forums

                    "To enable the Inspeed, you add the following to the INI file in the
                    general setting section:

                    [General Settings]
                    .
                    .
                    .
                    Alternate Wind Sensor Type=1
                    Alternate Wind Sensor Port=COM4"

                    or what ever comm port your Inspeed is set up on.

                    Steve

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "oldcessna21" <oldcessna21@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Folks;
                    > This is Dennis from IZAMBALE1 in the Philippines.
                    > I just installed a Davis Pro II to replace my WMR968. (The anemometer
                    > failed)
                    > When I purchased the Davis pro, I also purchased an Inspeed Vortex
                    > anemometer.
                    > Both are now installed, and the Davis is working as advertised, but
                    > when I try to access the Vortex, the computer responds that it cannot
                    > find the alternate sensor on the port specified. I have tried to
                    > change the specified port in the .ini file and that changes the the
                    > port of the weather station.
                    > Can someone explain what I need to do to gather the info from the
                    > Vortex? The station is on com1 and the vortex is on com4.
                    > Any help will be appreciated.
                    > Dennis

                  • D Doty
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
                      Thanks Steve.
                      I found the part in the forums where it said to change the alternate wind sensor to
                      type 1, but did not find the specific instructions to add the alt sensor port line to the .ini file.
                      Done now and all working fine.
                      Dennis  IZAMBALES1 / CW7056

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
                        Dennis, glad it worked, you will love the Inspeed. I have had mine for a year now.
                        Steve

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 21, 2009
                          I have had my Inspeed Vortex up for just over a year now. I can hear a slight squeaking noise and perhaps loosing the low end. I remember the paperwork that came with it mentioned how to lubricate the bearings. I can not seem to locate my paperwork and can not find the manual online. I think the new sapghire bearing version does not need any maintenance. Mine was the older version. Does anyone who purchased an Inspeed have a copy of the manual and can pass along how to lubricate it. I can probably just figure it out, but would hate to waste a trip to the top of the roof just to find out I couldn't figure it out...LOL.
                          I am sure the company will forward me a copy, but hoped to lubricate it this weekend, thought I knew just where I put the manual....LOL
                          Thanks, Steve