9665Re: Modifying a Lacrosse Ws23xx for Frequent Wireless Updates

    Feb 3, 2008
      Wow, nice job !
      I looked over the WIKI and it is a bit above what I would be willing
      to try. BTW nice instructions also.
      Makes you wonder why LaCrosse didn't do this in the first place?
      Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of cost involved.

      Thanks for sharing your success.
      Steve

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jon" <flagbuff@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > I've wanted to try the wireless mod for my WS2315 for a long time
      now.
      > After a false start , I was able to get the WS2315 transmitter to
      send
      > updates almost constantly on batteries. It works great and I can
      now
      > see the wind gusts as they happen instead of hearing "whoosh" and
      having
      > the wind speed read "calm"! [/:)] Rapidfire actually works
      without
      > having to run the wires between the transmitter and the console
      now.

      > All credit for the hack goes to fabriziosalvadori.com I simply
      > documented my steps on ewikihow:
      >
      > How to Modify a Lacrosse Ws2300 for Frequent Wireless Updates
      > <http://www.wikihow.com/Modify-a-Lacrosse-Ws2300-for-Frequent-
      Wireless-U\
      > pdates>
      > This Wiki is a translation of a web page that describes how to
      modify a
      > Lacrosse WS2300 Weather station to transmit data every 8 seconds
      or so.
      > Normally, data is sent on an intermittent basis. This can be
      anywhere
      > from 32 seconds to up to 10 minutes.
      >
      > I hope this helps another fellow WS2310/WS2315 Weather station
      owner.

      > Jon G.
      > KNHBRADF1
      > <http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?