9595Question regarding mounting the LaCrosse 2316 Wind Sensor

  • Ken Haugland
    Feb 2, 2008
      I recently joined this group and have been uploading my data to this
      site. Love to be able to monitor the weather from the internet!

      There is only 1 other PWS close by in my area, and I have noticed
      that our wind directions are usually pointing in opposite
      directions. I've gone back and re-read the manual about how to
      mount the sensor, but I'm not sure that I understand what it is
      saying. Here is the instruction from the manual:

      For correct and accurate readings it is
      important to mount the sensor so that the front (marked E) is
      in East-West direction.

      Does this mean that the front (marked E) should be facing East? The
      manual states "East-West", I have installed it with the side marked
      E facing East.

      Can someone clarify this for me?

      Thank you,

      Ken Haugland