9059Re: La Crosse has released a USB-connected station?

  • radmil.pandev
    Jan 3, 2008
      Correct - it is the one shown on internet - like to be a generic USB
      to RS 232.

      I bought the device from UK - http://www.weather-station-
      products.co.uk/item--LaCrosse-weather-station--WS2350.html

      I am trying to contact them but no one replies.

      I will try to make based on your scheme.

      Thnaks a lot - I will let you know whether I succeeded or not!

      > The images on the Internet show what appears to be a generic USB to
      > serial adapter. Is that what you have?
      >
      > You might contact La Crosse to see if they were supposed to include
      > the DB-9 to modular cable. Rather than making the cable, it might
      be
      > easier to have one shipped to you.
      >
      > If you want to make the needed cable (assuming you need this), and
      > that the 2350 is like the other WS-23XX series, you can make your
      own
      > cable (assuming you have a female DB-9, cable, telephone
      connectors)
      > by following this wiring scheme:
      >
      > The pin out for the RS-232 cable for the WS-2310/15/17:
      >
      > On RJ-11 Side (clip down, telephone style connector) From left to
      > right looking down on the connector
      >
      > Color: Blue Brown Green White
      >
      > On the 9 Pin D-Shell (PC Interface)
      >
      > Signal: RTS TX- TX+ DTR
      > Pin...: 7 2 3 4
      >
      > So Blue -> Pin 7, Brown -> Pin 2 etc.
      >
      > Note that there is NO connection to the RS-232 ground (pin 5)!!!
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "radmil.pandev"
      > <radmil.pandev@> wrote:
      > >
      > > No - I looked again - no such an adapter inside the package. Only
      > the
      > > cable USB cable with a small CD rom - USB driver.
      > >
      > > What should I do - is there a scheme to make it myself - or to
      > adapt
      > > it?

      > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Just guessing, it appears you should have a console to PC cable
      > > > (telephone modular on one end, 9 pin serial port connector on
      the
      > > > other). You did not find this cable in the box?
      > > >
      > > > My guess is that they throw in the USB to serial adapter since
      > > newer
      > > > PCs do not have serial ports.
      > > >

      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "radmil.pandev"

      > is