9054Re: La Crosse has released a USB-connected station?

  • radmil.pandev
    Jan 3, 2008
      Dear all,

      I just bought WS-2350. I was astonish to find that the device is not
      having the RS232 interface whre to connect the included USB/ RS 232
      cable.

      WS 2350 has only the RJ11 connector (named PC com port).

      How I have to connect the device to my PC/ laptop?

      Any ideas?

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Integrated Innovations"
      <calipence@...> wrote:

      > Juha…
      >

      > Are you saying here that existing 23xx users can obtain the cup
      anemometer
      > without buying the whole station? How?
      >

      > Jimmy
      >

      > _____

      Jäntti
> [...]
      >

      > Hello Tony,
      >
      > Yes, that seems to be the case. What makes this an interesting one
      is
      > that Nouveauxobjets.com's site gives the impression the station is
      > shipped without a converter and the USB interface is built-in. The
      > 2350 has a new ring to it (I ALMOST fell into it), but since only
      the
      > turbine anemometer has been the biggest change, existing 23xx series
      > users have much easier and cheaper job on obtaining the cup version
      > instead of the whole station. :)
      >
      > I've been very satisfied with my WS-2305 and have recommended it as
      > station worth getting (well, It's now changed to either 2300 or 2308
      > :) ). I have also told all the good things WUHU does comparing to
      > HeavyWeather and given high recommendations on obtaining the
      software
      > once they get the station up and running.
      >
      > Thanks Tony for your input.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      > Juha.
      > Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
      > Helsinki, Finland
      > CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>
      > group@yahoogroups.com, "Tony" <is0hha@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Juha,
      > > if you observe the picture on LaCrosse site, you see that WS-2350
      is
      > > identical to WS-2300. The USB connection is provided from a USB-
      > > Serial converter. Only the anemometer is been changed, now is a
      cup
      > > version.
      > > I think that Lacrosse has made a restiling of WS-2300 because a
      lot
      > > of people don't appreciate other WS-23xx series. They buy a WS-
      2300
      > > Clone instead of other WS-23xx series.
      > > I expect one month for my LaCrosse WS-2300 because in italy was
      > > unrechable since 6 months ago.
      > >
      > > Bye,
      > > Tony.
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_group%
      40yahoogroups.com>
      > group@yahoogroups.com, Juha Jäntti
      > > <jjantti2@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi all!
      > > >
      > > > I stumbled across a La Crosse WS-2350 weather station while
      > > browsing
      > > > around the net.
      > > >
      > > > Essentially it's a 2300/2310 station with all the bits and
      pieces,
      > > but
      > > > with a USB connection instead of the RS-232 (Serial).
      > > >
      > > > Since I'm not very skilled in French, I can't tell whether this
      > > > station is really a USB connectable or just a WS-2300 with a
      > > > USB-Serial converter added to the package and then just given a
      new
      > > > number.
      > > >
      > > > I can only ascertain that it has all the same things and
      > > limitations
      > > > as WS-2300 (like the wireless transmission versus wind speed).
      One
      > > > exception is the anemometer, which has been changed from the
      > > turbine
      > > > to the cup version. A CD is also included but nothing is said
      about
      > > > HeavyWeather, though I don't think they have done anything to
      the
      > > > software.
      > > >
      > > > Yet for reasons unknown, La Crosse seems to have pulled off the
      > > > WS-2305. It's no longer available in European retailers. Adding
      up
      > > the
      > > > post wuhu_software recently about La Crosse releasing a USB-type
      > > > weather station, this seems fitting (and at the same time not).
      > > >
      > > > But here's the question: If La Crosse really made this station
      that
      > > > supports USB, how is the connection made logically? Is it some
      > > > proprietary La Crosse protocol or is it acting as a normal COM-
      port
      > > > attached device and most importantly: How does WUHU see this
      > > station?
      > > >
      > > > I fear we're running to yet another WS-3600 case, where we're
      > > going to
      > > > need another raffle to get this station up and running with
      WUHU.

      > > > Here's the link:
      > > > http://www.nouveaux <http://www.nouveauxobjets.com/2350.php>
      > objets.com/2350.php