7788Re: La Crosse has released a USB-connected station?

  • Juha Jäntti
    Sep 4, 2007
      Hi,

      Yes, one can buy such anemometers easily (at least in Europe).
      There are several retailers who have these in stock. I think Dimitris
      posted some links relating to this.

      As a rule of thumb, first check the retailers in your country. If they
      fail to have them, check the sites Dimitris listed. It is likely they
      will ship outside Europe too but checking the price list is highly
      recommended, as the price can go up easily.

      Furthermore, if you decide to go shopping, double-check that you buy
      an anemometer that is compatible with your 23xx. There are many of
      them available that look like right ones (they have cups), but are not
      necessarily for your station. Dimitris has probably got this part
      covered as well.

      I'm still using a turbine version, mostly because the anemometer is
      currently not in optimal place. Once we move to a better position,
      I'll consider a change.

      Best Regards,
      Juha.
      Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
      Helsinki, Finland
      CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Integrated Innovations"
      <calipence@...> wrote:

      > Juha…
      >

      > Are you saying here that existing 23xx users can obtain the cup
      anemometer
      > without buying the whole station? How?
      >

      > Jimmy
      >

      > _____

      USB-connected
> [...]
      > once they get the station up and running.
      >
      > Thanks Tony for your input.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      > Juha.
      > Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
      > Helsinki, Finland
      > CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>
      > group@yahoogroups.com, "Tony" <is0hha@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Juha,
      > > if you observe the picture on LaCrosse site, you see that WS-2350 is
      > > identical to WS-2300. The USB connection is provided from a USB-
      > > Serial converter. Only the anemometer is been changed, now is a cup
      > > version.
      > > I think that Lacrosse has made a restiling of WS-2300 because a lot
      > > of people don't appreciate other WS-23xx series. They buy a WS-2300
      > > Clone instead of other WS-23xx series.
      > > I expect one month for my LaCrosse WS-2300 because in italy was
      > > unrechable since 6 months ago.
      > >
      > > Bye,
      > > Tony.
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>
      > group@yahoogroups.com, Juha Jäntti
      > > <jjantti2@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi all!
      > > >
      > > > I stumbled across a La Crosse WS-2350 weather station while
      > > browsing
      > > > around the net.
      > > >
      > > > Essentially it's a 2300/2310 station with all the bits and pieces,
      > > but
      > > > with a USB connection instead of the RS-232 (Serial).
      > > >
      > > > Since I'm not very skilled in French, I can't tell whether this
      > > > station is really a USB connectable or just a WS-2300 with a
      > > > USB-Serial converter added to the package and then just given a new
      > > > number.
      > > >
      > > > I can only ascertain that it has all the same things and
      > > limitations
      > > > as WS-2300 (like the wireless transmission versus wind speed). One
      > > > exception is the anemometer, which has been changed from the
      > > turbine
      > > > to the cup version. A CD is also included but nothing is said about
      > > > HeavyWeather, though I don't think they have done anything to the
      > > > software.
      > > >
      > > > Yet for reasons unknown, La Crosse seems to have pulled off the
      > > > WS-2305. It's no longer available in European retailers. Adding up
      > > the
      > > > post wuhu_software recently about La Crosse releasing a USB-type
      > > > weather station, this seems fitting (and at the same time not).
      > > >
      > > > But here's the question: If La Crosse really made this station that
      > > > supports USB, how is the connection made logically? Is it some
      > > > proprietary La Crosse protocol or is it acting as a normal COM-port
      > > > attached device and most importantly: How does WUHU see this
      > > station?
      > > >
      > > > I fear we're running to yet another WS-3600 case, where we're
      > > going to
      > > > need another raffle to get this station up and running with WUHU.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic