7769Re: Time Sync

    Aug 31 5:58 PM
      Tony,

      The clock on the console is only being used to detect when the console
      is attemting to receive the radio time signal.

      When the console attempts to find the radio time signal for a couple of
      minutes at the top of the hour from 12am to 6am, it refuses to
      communicate via the serial connection.

      WUHU detects when this clock synchronization is ocurring (plus or minus
      a couple of minutes from the top of the hour) communication errors to
      the console are ignored.

      Other than the above situation, the clock on the console is ignored and
      is not used as part of the weather data records (saved or uploaded).
      The PC clock is used for all timestamps.

      I would not consider writing any data to the console (including the
      time) as I do not believe proper error checking is used in the
      protocol.

      Since accidently writing the wrong location in the console's memory
      could result in damage (so I have been told) it would not be worth the
      risk to do so.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Tony" <is0hha@...> wrote:

      > Hello WUHU,
      > there is the opportunity to syncronize the weather station clock with
      > the pc clock or viceversa the pc clock with the station clock ?
      >
      > My pc station don't receive the DCF77 signal into my house and i have
      > a difference about 10 / 20 seconds between PC and Station.
      >
      > The WS 2300 don't allow to set seconds.
      > Any solution ?
      >
      > Thanks.
      > Tony