6965Re: Win98 SE changeover success

  • RS Moreland
    Jul 7, 2007
      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Thomas"
      <kg4muc@...> wrote:

      > -
      > > Agree with that but didn't want to spend the $ to upgrade to xp
      > > thinking that with a few more $ could buy a new box but then it
      would
      > > be vista and duo core which sounds scary from what I've been
      reading
      > > sooo I'll wait because I'm not ready to try linux again, well,
      not
      > > yet anyway. I fooled with lindows for awhile when it was lindows.
      > >
      > > and so it goes, Bob
      > >

      > I have quite a few extra boxes around that can run WIN 98SE quite
      > easily and was considering doing the changeover.I am currently
      running
      > XP Pro on a notebook and it works great. So you are saying your
      > opinion of the 98 SE OS for this application is pretty bleak at the
      > moment?
      >
      > Might have to stay with what I have running my WUHU upload. I am by
      no
      > means ready for Vista yet..for my own use waay too many
      discrepancies
      > in compatibility..
      >
      > Wayne

      Hi Wayne,
      Not at all. The win98se worked fine. Most of the time spent cleaning
      out programs and updating OS with lastest available updates.
      As WUHU stated you need a printer selected and run in direct serial
      only. WUHU installed with no problems. Same with webcam (used drivers
      only). No problems with WU or CWOP uploads. Missed two since starting
      and think they're routine.
      Only problem now is I can't find my KVW switch to more easily montior
      the weather machine (98 box).
      Regards and good luck, Bob
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic