6955Re: Win98 SE changeover success

  • Wayne Thomas
    Jul 6, 2007
      -
      > Agree with that but didn't want to spend the $ to upgrade to xp
      > thinking that with a few more $ could buy a new box but then it would
      > be vista and duo core which sounds scary from what I've been reading
      > sooo I'll wait because I'm not ready to try linux again, well, not
      > yet anyway. I fooled with lindows for awhile when it was lindows.
      >
      > and so it goes, Bob

      I have quite a few extra boxes around that can run WIN 98SE quite
      easily and was considering doing the changeover.I am currently running
      XP Pro on a notebook and it works great. So you are saying your
      opinion of the 98 SE OS for this application is pretty bleak at the
      moment?

      Might have to stay with what I have running my WUHU upload. I am by no
      means ready for Vista yet..for my own use waay too many discrepancies
      in compatibility..

      Wayne
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic