6631Re: WU

  • schaka1
    May 31, 2007
      First, let me say I've been monitoring the messages on the webcam
      upload issue hoping for answer. I'm also experiencing intermittent
      upload issues.

      It's hard to pinpoint what's happening but it appears that the upload
      times out. I will go on for several hours uploading when I noticed
      that the picture on the Wundeground web site is not updating. If I
      restart the application, I'm using Where's James Beta, the problem
      goes away but returns. The previous version of Where's James had the
      same issues so I'm fairly certain it's not an application issue on my end.

      The FTP log on my end shows no errors. I'm just trying to add more
      info for the troubleshooting you guys are doing! Here's the last entry
      on my FTP log:
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd ----------
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 220-You are user number 16 of 200 allowed.
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 220-Local time is now 19:26. Server port: 21.
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 220-This is a private system - No
      anonymous login
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 220-RATIOS ARE ENABLED FOR EVERYONE:
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 220-to download 1 Mb, uploading 10000 Mb
      of goodies is mandatory.
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 220 You will be disconnected after 60
      seconds of inactivity.
      Tx: webcam.wunderground.com: USER schakaCAM1
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 331 User schakaCAM1 OK. Password required
      Tx: webcam.wunderground.com: PASS <<i deleted my PW>>
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 230-User schakaCAM1 has group access to:
      1000
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 230-You must respect a 10000:1 (UL/DL) ratio
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 230 OK. Current restricted directory is /
      Tx: webcam.wunderground.com: MKD web
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 550 Can't create directory: File exists
      Tx: webcam.wunderground.com: CWD web
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 250 OK. Current directory is /web
      Tx: webcam.wunderground.com: DELE tmp_webcam.jpg
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 200 S OK
      Tx: webcam.wunderground.com: TYPE I
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
      Tx: webcam.wunderground.com: PASV
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 227 Entering Passive Mode
      (64,243,175,106,217,136)
      Tx: webcam.wunderground.com: STOR tmp_webcam.jpg
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 150 Accepted data connection
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 226-File successfully transferred
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 226 5.155 seconds (measured here), 28.82
      Kbytes per second
      Tx: webcam.wunderground.com: DELE webcam.jpg
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 200 S OK
      Tx: webcam.wunderground.com: RNFR tmp_webcam.jpg
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 200 S OK
      Tx: webcam.wunderground.com: RNTO webcam.jpg
      Rx: webcam.wunderground.com: 200 S OK

      I hope this helps!

      Chuck

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Steremberg"

      wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "David" <ke5egi@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I've been reading all the posts lately about some problems
      people are
      > > > having with WU and now I need to ask, has anyone been having
      problems
      > > > with the WU webcams?
      > > > I've been using Fwink and everything had been working great. It
      would
      > > > upload to WU every minute and WU would show this on their webcam
      > > > directory. But now it seems like WU is not showing the newest
      refresh
      > > > picture even though my Fwink is showing it uploaded to WU.
      > > > Any ideas?
      > > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I have been trying out webcam software for a while now, 7 different
      > > ones' so far.
      > >
      > > I've tried Fwink again today and noted the following;
      > > no log to track uploads so just shows the last one.
      > >
      > > Seems to use the same file name each time it uploads, in the schedule
      > > mode so it replaces the previous one so only one is there. I found
      > > that when you manually send send the program assigns a different
      > > number so WU keeps them.
      > >
      > > Hope this helps. Hope I find one that does what I want.
      > >
      > > Regards, Bob
      > >

      > --
      > Alan Steremberg
      > Weather Underground