6066Re: Console and PC time

  • plasmaboy3
    Apr 6, 2007
      The errors lasted for about 3 hours one day and about an hour another
      day with no data being uploaded. I recently upgraded the free version of
      zonealarm that I was running and I am not happy with it. It installed
      some kind of mailfrontier app on my pc and forces microsoft outlook to
      have junk mail and challenged mail folders. Then when outlook is not
      running an error window pops up saying that outlook terminated. I tried
      to find the old version of zonealarm that I had installed but can't find
      it.

      Pete

      > Pete,
      >
      > It is difficult to say what could have caused the errors.
      >
      > More than likely it was not the WWVB time sync as it happened well
      > past the time when that might happen (12am-7am).
      >
      > Was the computer running any other software that might have hogged
      > the processor at the time?
      >
      > Anti-virus or other CPU intensive applications might disrupt the
      > communications. The scheme used to communicate with the WS-3610 uses
      > the handshake lines rather than normal character transmission (used
      > by most serial devices). The timing intervals between bits is
      > controlled by software (WUHU). A heavy load on the processor could
      > easily affect the application's ability to keep up with the data
      > stream resulting in communication errors being posted.
      >
      > Keep in mind that if you get one or two communications errors, it is
      > really not a big deal as you are uploading data several times per
      > minute. Unless communications is lost for an extended period of time,
      > no data is lost.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" pjweix@
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > [:-/] ok,,,,, so i get home and my clock is now 4 minutes
      > different
      > > from the pc and not getting any errors in the WUHU log it is
      > uploading
      > > data just fine. So what could have been giving me those errors?
      > >
      > > Pete
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" <pjweix@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > My console and the PC clock are within 25 seconds of each other.
      > I am
      > > > running a WS-3610 in direct serial mode. I am about 30 miles
      > south of
      > > > Madison Wisconsin so I should be able to receive the WWVB signal
      > all
      > > the
      > > > time. My console is about a foot away from the PC so I will move
      > it as
      > > > far away from the PC as possible when I get home.
      > > >
      > > > Pete

      > two

      > > determined

      > > Crosse

> [...]