6056Re: Console and PC time

  • plasmaboy3
    Apr 6, 2007
      My console and the PC clock are within 25 seconds of each other. I am
      running a WS-3610 in direct serial mode. I am about 30 miles south of
      Madison Wisconsin so I should be able to receive the WWVB signal all the
      time. My console is about a foot away from the PC so I will move it as
      far away from the PC as possible when I get home.

      Pete

      > Pete,
      >
      > If your console and computer's clock are set within a minute or two
      > of each other, the communication errors you are seeing are being
      > caused by something else.
      >
      > Are you running a WS-23XX in direct serial mode?
      >
      > Whether or not your console can receive the WWVB signal is determined
      > by a couple of factors.
      >
      > Firstly, it depends where it the country you are located.
      >
      > See this link for the estimated signal strengths:
      >
      > http://tf.nist.gov/stations/wwvbcoverage.htm
      >
      > The second factor is noise being generated by the computer. La Crosse
      > recommends that you move the console are far as possible away from
      > the computer. They say 6ft, which is beyond the length of the serial
      > cable provided.
      >
      > Try temporarily moving the console as far away from the computer as
      > possible and see if it can receive the signal overnight.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" pjweix@
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > This is the error message I get in the WUHU log
      > >
      > > Fri Apr 06 07:49:56 2007 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      > console.
      > > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected. Verify that the console's
      > clock
      > > and the PC's clock are set to within 30 seconds of each other
      > >

      > > My console does not seem to be updating the time and I have it set
      > > receive the WWVB signal.
      > >
      > > Any answers?
      > >
      > > Pete
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" <pjweix@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Quite often I will get an error message in the log that says the
      > two
      > > > clocks are not within 30seconds of each other and today it stopped
      > > > communicating with the console and uploading data.
      > > >
      > > > What does the 30 seconds of the clocks being so close have to do
      > with
      > > > anything of communicating between the PC and the console?
      > > >
      > > > Pete

      > set
      > several

      > > WS-23XX