6053Re: Console and PC time

  • plasmaboy3
    Apr 6, 2007
      This is the error message I get in the WUHU log

      Fri Apr 06 07:49:56 2007 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console.
      Possible invalid/corrupt data detected. Verify that the console's clock
      and the PC's clock are set to within 30 seconds of each other

      My console does not seem to be updating the time and I have it set to
      receive the WWVB signal.

      Any answers?

      Pete

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" <pjweix@...>
      wrote:

      > Quite often I will get an error message in the log that says the two
      > clocks are not within 30seconds of each other and today it stopped
      > communicating with the console and uploading data.
      >
      > What does the 30 seconds of the clocks being so close have to do with
      > anything of communicating between the PC and the console?
      >
      > Pete

      > wuhu_software@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Pete,
      > >
      > > The clock on my console should not drift much once you have it set
      > > correctly. My console can stay within a minute or two over a several
      > > month period.
      > >
      > > The reason it is important to keep the clocks in sync (for the
      WS-23XX
      > > consoles anyway), is because the console will attempt to receive the
      > > WWVB radio signal from 12am to 7am. When it is attempting to aquire
      > the
      > > radio signal, the console will refuse to communication for a few
      > > minutes.
      > >
      > > When the clocks are set closely, WUHU will detect that the time sync
      > is
      > > in progress and will not generate console communication errors in
      the
      > > log.
      > >
      > > Other than that, the clock on the console is not used.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" pjweix@
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Why is it so important to have the console time and the PC time
      > within
      > > > 30 seconds of each other? I am using a time synchronizing program
      > > > keep my PC synced to the world time servers but my console doesn't
      > > > seem to be receiving the WWVB clock signal. It always lags behind
      in
      > > time.
      > > >
      > > > Pete

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic