6051Re: Console and PC time

  • plasmaboy3
    Apr 5 2:28 PM
      Quite often I will get an error message in the log that says the two
      clocks are not within 30seconds of each other and today it stopped
      communicating with the console and uploading data.

      What does the 30 seconds of the clocks being so close have to do with
      anything of communicating between the PC and the console?

      Pete

      > Pete,
      >
      > The clock on my console should not drift much once you have it set
      > correctly. My console can stay within a minute or two over a several
      > month period.
      >
      > The reason it is important to keep the clocks in sync (for the WS-23XX
      > consoles anyway), is because the console will attempt to receive the
      > WWVB radio signal from 12am to 7am. When it is attempting to aquire
      the
      > radio signal, the console will refuse to communication for a few
      > minutes.
      >
      > When the clocks are set closely, WUHU will detect that the time sync
      is
      > in progress and will not generate console communication errors in the
      > log.
      >
      > Other than that, the clock on the console is not used.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" pjweix@
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Why is it so important to have the console time and the PC time
      within
      > > 30 seconds of each other? I am using a time synchronizing program to
      > > keep my PC synced to the world time servers but my console doesn't
      > > seem to be receiving the WWVB clock signal. It always lags behind in
      > time.
      > >
      > > Pete

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic