6050Re: Console and PC time

    Apr 5, 2007
      Pete,

      The clock on my console should not drift much once you have it set
      correctly. My console can stay within a minute or two over a several
      month period.

      The reason it is important to keep the clocks in sync (for the WS-23XX
      consoles anyway), is because the console will attempt to receive the
      WWVB radio signal from 12am to 7am. When it is attempting to aquire the
      radio signal, the console will refuse to communication for a few
      minutes.

      When the clocks are set closely, WUHU will detect that the time sync is
      in progress and will not generate console communication errors in the
      log.

      Other than that, the clock on the console is not used.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" <pjweix@...>
      wrote:

      > Why is it so important to have the console time and the PC time within
      > 30 seconds of each other? I am using a time synchronizing program to
      > keep my PC synced to the world time servers but my console doesn't
      > seem to be receiving the WWVB clock signal. It always lags behind in
      time.

      > Pete

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic