4888Re: Tornados sweep through central Florida in the middle of the night.

    Feb 2, 2007

      Most of the people I know that have Broadband leave their computers
      on 24/7. I tried breaking my girlfriend of the habbit, she refuses to
      power it down at night.

      If you are one of those people that always shuts down at night, if
      you know that you have a weather application that might alert you
      when a tornado is on the ground because bad weather might be
      approaching, that might be an incentive to leave it on.

      In the future, it seems to me that most homes will have a central
      computer that will be running 24x7. That is the case already for many

      I like the telephone scheme as well. The distinctive ring feature
      offered by some carriers seems like an ideal way to do this. It seems
      that there must be issues with investment or infrastructure otherwise
      communities would have already done it.

      Or perhaps it is a patent issue...

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Wyman" <mark@...>

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic