      From: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com [mailto: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Alan Steremberg
      Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 10:40 AM
      To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [wuhu_software_group] Tornados sweep through central Florida in the middle of the night.

      I think we need to make a desktop of flash widget that we can trigger with an alert and start the audio playing. I also spoke to the sonos people about integrating it into their system, but they didn't really understand the emergency aspect yet. ie: why people would want their radio to automatically switch from pretty music to weather radio.

      Alan

      On 2/2/07, Mark Wyman <mark@markwyman. com> wrote:

      I always wondered about having telephones linked into the Emergency network, so your phone would emit a specialized ring during local emergencies like this. It would be driven by law from the telephone company, who could target just the areas of concern. Since these days everyone has a phone, and not many have weather radios, it would be an ideal solution. Of course they would probably tack on another $2 a month for this service.

      -Mark