3648Re: Connecting to WS3600 by USB

    Oct 3, 2006
      If you can find a USB to serial adapter that advertises full hardware
      handshaking support as well as the RS-232 standard voltages (+/-
      12vdc), it will probably work with the WS-36xx.

      Most cheap serial adapaters (and some laptop integrated serial ports)
      use a voltage range of + / - 5 vdc.

      Let us know if you find a solution.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scumbag1010" <don@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > I am a newbie at all this. I have been running a ws3600 on remote
      > property in NSW Australia and when I go there once a month I usually
      > download data onto a laptop. Last week I took along a new Laptopwith
      > no Serial ports. I do have a USB -232 -serial bridgethat I control a
      > telescope off.
      > Is any body using a USB conncetion to this unit and or could exp[lain
      > to me how I can get my data on a new machine.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Don Whiteman
      > Sydney Australia

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic