23006Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: My wuhu is slamming weatherbug

  • Chris Mattingly
    Jul 25 9:37 PM
      Yes... here's the full list of what it's dropping in there (note I missed a directory in the path below, the corrected path is "C:\Users\<my username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\WUHU"):

      RainfallChart.tee
      TemperatureChart.tee
      WindChart.tee
      WUHU Configuration Data.ini
      WUHU Extremes.ini
      WUHU History.dat
      WUHU Log Messages.dat

      The config files match between this location and the one in \Program Files (x86)\WUHU.

      I've fixed this "problem" by giving my user account full permissions to \Program Files (x86)\WUHU and removed the folder under VirtualStore and life is golden now.  No more guessing what the heck windows is doing or which config file it's actually picking up!

      -Chris

      On 7/23/2014 12:45 PM, 'H. Smith' wuhu_software@... [wuhu_software_group] wrote:

      It would appear that WUHU did not have permission to write files in it's program folder location so Windows 8 re-directed to that other folder.

      Is your WUHU Configuration.INI file also located there?

      On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:07 AM, "Chris Mattingly chris@... [wuhu_software_group]" <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      That doesn't clear the problem (I had also exited wuhu when I renamed them).

      Upon further digging, it's the file location that matters. I had renamed (& then removed) the dat file from "C:\Program Files (x86)\WUHU".  That's not the right location.  I should have been deleting (or renaming) them out of "C:\Users\<my username>\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\WUHU".

      Who knows why Windows 8 uses that odd path, but there ya have it.

      On 7/23/2014 5:17 AM, 'H. Smith' wuhu_software@... [wuhu_software_group] wrote:

      You must exit WUHU before attempting to remove the file.

      Deletethe WUHU Unsent URLs.dat file and then re-start WUHU.

      On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:47 AM, "Chris Mattingly chris@... [wuhu_software_group]" <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I renamed these two files, but apparently neither of them were it.

      WUHU History.dat
      WUHU Unsent URLs.dat

      Even more odd is I stopped WUHU, editing WUHU Configuration Data.ini to make sure Weatherbug uploads was set to 0, started WUHU back, and it continued with weatherbug uploads.

      On 7/22/2014 9:11 AM, wuhu_software@... [wuhu_software_group] wrote:

      That is odd, it appears to be trying to upload historical data not live data. I cannot check in to it until later but there is a file that can be deleted to flush out uploads that are queued up.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic