23005Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: My wuhu is slamming weatherbug

  • H. Smith
    Jul 23, 2014
      It would appear that WUHU did not have permission to write files in it's program folder location so Windows 8 re-directed to that other folder.

      Is your WUHU Configuration.INI file also located there?

      On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:07 AM, "Chris Mattingly chris@... [wuhu_software_group]" <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      That doesn't clear the problem (I had also exited wuhu when I renamed them).

      Upon further digging, it's the file location that matters. I had renamed (& then removed) the dat file from "C:\Program Files (x86)\WUHU".  That's not the right location.  I should have been deleting (or renaming) them out of "C:\Users\<my username>\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\WUHU".

      Who knows why Windows 8 uses that odd path, but there ya have it.

      On 7/23/2014 5:17 AM, 'H. Smith' wuhu_software@... [wuhu_software_group] wrote:

      You must exit WUHU before attempting to remove the file.

      Delete the WUHU Unsent URLs.dat file and then re-start WUHU.

      On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:47 AM, "Chris Mattingly chris@... [wuhu_software_group]" <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I renamed these two files, but apparently neither of them were it.

      WUHU History.dat
      WUHU Unsent URLs.dat

      Even more odd is I stopped WUHU, editing WUHU Configuration Data.ini to make sure Weatherbug uploads was set to 0, started WUHU back, and it continued with weatherbug uploads.

      On 7/22/2014 9:11 AM, wuhu_software@... [wuhu_software_group] wrote:

      That is odd, it appears to be trying to upload historical data not live data. I cannot check in to it until later but there is a file that can be deleted to flush out uploads that are queued up.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic