22669Re: [wuhu_software_group] New weather station recommendations

  • Don Lafferty
    Dec 12, 2013
      I did it and $361.97 for that station after you enter your email.

      Nothing wrong with the Vantage Vue and that gets you a Davis.  I think you can actually get a Vantage Pro 2 for slightly less than $600 from them.  That's who I bought mine from about a year ago.

      Don

      On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      http://www.rainmanweather.com/site/products/Davis-Vantage-Vue-and-WeatherLink-Package

      There's a Vantage Vue including WeatherLink for $504.  You can actually get an even better price than that by going to that link and entering your email address and it will send you a lower price.

      On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      You can get a Davis for not much over $500.

      On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Chris Mattingly <chris@...> wrote:

      It sounds like the WMR300 uses a different logging format than the WMR200... so at this point, WUHU wouldn't be able to read the data, I wouldn't think.

      Found it for $529 at Costco and looks like it's $504 at OS's site (with a discount code that expires 12/17).

      Also saw this guy in Costco yesterday: http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/c84612/
      It uses a device that plugs into your network and uploads to a lacrosse site.  Not sure if there'd be any way to grab the data for use in something like WUHU.

      I think I could swing for WMR300... if I knew WUHU could crack their code. ;)

      -Chris

      On 12/12/2013 3:02 PM, Radu Eugen wrote:

      Subject: [wuhu_software_group] New weather station recommendations
      To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 1:30 PM

      How much do you intend to spend for the replacement of your La Crosse 2308 ?
      It's all about money. If you spend more you'll have a better quality, if you spend less your expectations cannot be very high.
      There is an interesting offer of new Oregon 300 or so, a copycat of Davis older modell, but the price around 500 USD is not too tempting for someone who cannot spend so much for just a hobby.
      Think about it !

      All the best to you, Eugen Radu, Oradea, Romania, Europe.
      IBIHOROR9 and IBIHOROR10, La Crosse, cheap, all the way.

      Fellow WUHU'ers,

      My trusty LaCrosse 2308 seems to be nearing the end of its
      life after 7 years.  Unfortunately, a Davis is out of
      my reach, but does anyone have recommendations for a
      "second tier" weather station (LaCrosse, Oregon
      Scientific, etc.)?

      Any input will be greatly appreciated!

      Chris Holt