22471RE: Time to Upgrade Weather Station

  • marcelcanine
    Sep 20 4:15 PM

      Any difference between a VUE and a VP2 will probably depend on location more than the sensor shields.    If you are going to get the aspirated VP2 it is much cheaper to buy it preinstalled rather than to add it later.

      You will need a Data Logger My opinion is that the USB one is the most flexable and gives you the most options.

      You do not need the subscription if you buy an IP data logger.     You would need one if you get any other logger but the Davis site is poor at best and most people do not upload to there anyway.

      I use a VP2 with USB logger and WUHU software.  It works just fine.       If you do buy be sure and read the weather link manual and set the logger to serial mode rather than USB mode if you are going to use WUHU or any other third party software.   If you set it to the USB mode it will only work with Weather link software. Which is OK but I would bet as a former WUHU user you will prefer WUHU.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, <jfesterling@...> wrote:

      I have the vantage Vue.  Yes, I know I needed the Weatherlink.  I am not paying any $30 subscription.  Not sure where that is coming from.

      KMNMARSH2  is the station call letters.

      John