22343Re: [wuhu_software_group] Good replacement for La Crosse WS2813U-IT

  • Don Lafferty
    Jul 9, 2013
      I started with a LaCrosse then upgraded to an Oregon Scientific (WMR 968) for a few years.  A few months ago I went with a Davis Vantage Pro2 and I love it.  Wish I had started with the Davis but who knew it would become the passion it did.

      On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Mark <muce1@...> wrote:

      It looks like my weather station has died after about 2.5 years. It worked great and the wireless installation was easy. I had to do a factory reset a couple times during the 2.5 years which was a pain, bringing the A/WV down from the roof. This last time I stopped getting data from the A/VW and despite repeated factory resets, I could not get any outside readings from any of the sensors when they were all siting together on my desk.

      I'd like the same features and noted a few new options in the same price range. The 2813 is still available, although I noticed a WS2815U-IT, which looked identical. Anyone aware of any differences or advantages? One advantage of another 2813 is that I'd have spare parts and I wouldn't have to do any setup of my reporting PC, although the WUHU conversion of the currdat.lst (or currlst.dat?) is a bit clunky, but it works.

      I know Davis is the Cadillac of the home weather station, with a price to match. I'm not totally averse to spending that much, but noticed that there are offerings by AmbientWeather and a few others. What are the group members' thoughts?

      Mark S.
      KAZPHOEN140 (currently offline)