21853Re: Disappearing Icon

  • dick_kf5sa
    Mar 27, 2013
      Ron,

      I've seen this problem for years on XP through Win7, maybe even earlier. The area in the Task Bar you are referring to used to be called 'systray' but now seems to be called Notification Area. Icons seem to randomly disappear. You can get them back by doing a Start / Logoff and the Log back on. You may have to Log on to another account such as Guest, in between, I don't recall. I think this causes an icon cache to be refreshed. It hasn't happened to me in a while - running Win7, but it has happened on Win7.

      Dick

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@...> wrote:

      > I have had this problem in the past and never did find or get an answer to the problem.
      >
      > It has started happening again. Has anyone had this problem and what do you do the resolve it?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ron

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic