21846Re: Disappearing Icon

  • ronw72
    Mar 26 8:59 AM
      Thanks,

      I'm running XP, the process or program is still running according to the task manager. I had the same problem on an older computer that I've since replaced. The problem is intermittent, and it's been awhile since I had it with the old computer.

      One of those mysteries I guess.

      Ron

      > Possible solutions differ across operating systems. Place to start is with the Task Manager to ascertain if the app is still present/loaded.
      >
      > My copy is running XT and I've not lost the icon but there is an anomaly -- Task Manager doesn't show it as active in the applications list. I'm not sure why. I run Heavy Weather to interface to it and that may have made it a child process. Seems odd though. Minimizing also removes the larger taskbar reference -- again unusual.
      >
      > Maybe Heath will have a better idea.
      >
      > Loss of the icon if it is still active might be OS related.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sorry,
      > >
      > > The W on the task bar for WUHU. I have to reboot to get it back.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Ron
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <yahoo@> wrote:

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic