21824Re: Request to allow customised meteorological day

  • roadrunner2408
    Mar 18, 2013
      Thanks for the reply. I realise that changing the code to customise the met day might not be easy, or something that can be achieved in the short-term, but it should be something that is considered for future versions.

      As for the UTC output, it is hard to define an unknown. What I would suggest therefore is having separate date elements for YYYY(UTC) and its variant YY(UTC), MM(UTC) and DD(UTC), and time elements HH(UTC), MM(UTC) and SS(UTC). The convenience of having individual elements then allows the user to adapt to whatever format is required.

      Cheers from down-under

      > Road runner,
      >
      > I wish I had known about that back when I wrote the application as it would have been a snap to code. Now that the program is 10s of thousands of lines, that might not be so easy. There are many calculations involving midnight. I will not say it is impossible until I have a look.
      >
      > It would probably fairly straight forward to do some things in the INI files along those lines but overall, especially where the weather servers are involved, that might not be easy because they define the standards, we do not.
      >
      > The other request should be easy to do. Please give specific examples including space, colons, commas, or any other formatting. Ideally, give the examples in INI format with double quotes around the contents of the variables.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@> wrote:
      > >
      > > G'day from down-under.
      > >
      > > I'm a long-time user of WUHU and I'm very happy with the software, albeit for one small annoyance. The meteorological day in Australia does not run from midnight to midnight, but rather from 9am to 9am.
      > >
      > > The ability to define the start and end times of the meteorological day, for such things as temperature extremes and total rainfall, would be very much appreciated. Would this be possible?
      > >
      > > Another request if I may. Before WUHU could report directly to the UKMO WOW, I developed a template to output the data in the WOW format, except for the date and time which needed to be in UTC. I could not find an *easy* way to provide the date and time in this format. Would it be possible to provide the date (YYYY, MM and DD) and time (HH, MM and SS) in UTC as additional time2 options for future user-defined application?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic