21695Re: Time....Its all we have

    Feb 2, 2013
      I have to concur with Ken. While I would love to toss new features in to meet everyone's needs, I cannot invest my time in every want and need.

      Now if you want to pay me to implement a feature, I will be happy to do that. I have worked with some companies to support stations that are not in the consumer market. They pay me for my time.

      Now if there is a popular demand for something, a popular station, a new weather server, whatever, I will invest the time to implement new features.

      Keep in mind that I do this as a hobby, on the weekends as I am too spent during the week to write more code after writing code all day.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" wrote:

      > Featuritis can appear in many guises. You are the sole proponent for this feature. With thousands of copies of WUHU in use, that tells us something when you remain the sole proponent.
      >
      > Why do you go so long between update? Maintaining a weather feed is not a high bandwidth operation. You are updating a webcam every two minutes which does have much greater overhead. If you go to real-time feeds for WU, update frequency/countdown is mute.
      >
      > Reporting in a short time-frame is seldom dramatic. Most of the time we don't have to wait with baited breath to see the next result or countdown the minutes to it. Weather tends to flow slowly most of the time.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic