21691Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: WU Web page stopped updating

  • Chris Mattingly
    Feb 1, 2013
      I believe they've been doing it for a while.  Here's the help site article on the matter:

      http://help.wunderground.com/knowledgebase/articles/129122-are-personal-weather-stations-on-weather-undergrou
      (yes, there's no 'd' at the end)

      As it says in the article, if you feel they are in error, ping them at support@....

      -Chris

      On 2/1/2013 4:29 PM, dick_kf5sa wrote:

      Was that a change made recently? I've had this weather station up for going on two years and this is the first time it's happened. BTW I noticed at 3:21 PM that it's back up again. Also noted that the nearby stations are within 1 - 3 degrees. I'll watch the difference when it happens next time. Also, it's only the stickers that stop, the Tabular Data table keeps on posting temps during the sticker outage.

      Dick

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Chris Mattingly wrote:

      > Your station is also not currently on the map of weather stations (nor
      > selectable from the station select button on the page for Georgetown,
      > TX). Like I said last time, I believe this is because of the WU logic
      > and the fact that your station is reporting a temp 7.9 degrees higher
      > than one just to your east and 3.8 degrees higher than the one to your
      > west. It believes your station is reading too high and removes it from
      > the list until it starts reading closer to the other stations around.
      >
      > Contact the WU support folks (help.wunderground.com) if you believe your
      > readings are accurate, as I think they have a way to override this for
      > stations that are in micro-climates.
      >
      > -Chris
      >

      > On 2/1/2013 2:22 PM, dick_kf5sa wrote:
      > >
      > > PWS stickers stopped updating again today around 1:07 PM CST. The PWS
      > > stickers that use Flash show blank data except Rainfall is "NaN" in.
      > > The other PWS stickers that do not use Flash show the data from the
      > > last update, which in my case was at 13:07 local time.
      > >
      > > These stickers do not update on any Web page, including the
      > > www.wunderground.com pages that display and offer the HTML that allows
      > > you to add the stickers to your own pages.
      > >
      > > Dick
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
      > > , "dick_kf5sa" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Turns out it was only the PWS Sticker that wasn't working and it
      > > started working again a couple of hours later. The PWS Sticker is used
      > > on the WU page (right side), my personal Web site, and I have a
      > > desktop app that displays it also. It was empty in all places and on
      > > several computers - so must have been the server side. A Refresh would
      > > say Loading... then just blank data. Mystery of the week. At least it
      > > appears I didn't lose any history data.
      > > >
      > > > BTW. I developed the desktop app so I can immediately see when my WX
      > > Station USB data hangs up like it does about once a month from my
      > > WMR-100NA. But that wasn't the problem this time.
      > > >

      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com

      > > but the laptop is still uploading and getting success\n responses
      > > every 3 seconds? The Web pages and PWS stickers of other stations are
      > > still updating so it appears to be something with just my page -
      > > http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTXGEORG25

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic