21577Re: Communications Error or invalid/corrupt data

  • DGB
    Jan 8, 2013
      Thanks, everyone for these suggestions. My station is using wireless connection to the outside sensors. No lighting involved.

      I have changed batteries in both the sensor, and the base station, and unplugged the base station as well, although not for 24 hours. I will try that today.

      Data is is showing in all windows all the time on both the base console and the computer interface. The corrupt data error is no longer happening, however, the log now shows a constant error polling for each sensor, one at a time, over and over, continuously. That's obviously taking up a lot of processor time on my PC.

      When I graph the data, the data indicates a "flat line" of the few seconds of error, and then the correct data point, and then another flat line, also repeating over and over. The data is being read for each sensor, eventually. WUHU is dutifully uploading the data to Weather Underground and also shows up on the web page.

      As I said, I'll try unplugging and removing batteries for the base station for 24 hours. I can also post a data log if you'd like to see the repeating error messages.

      Thanks again,

      DGB

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith" wrote:

      > You might try Heavyweather just to see if it can get any data.
      >
      > What might have happened, if there was lightning in your area, and you are in wired mode, that the RS-232 interface on the console is fried. It happened to me once as well. The console can be swapped out for a new one and the sensors are probably Ok if this is what happened to you.
      >
      > Did you have lightning in the area when it last worked?

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic