21576Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Communications Error or invalid/corrupt data

  • Chris Vickroy
    Jan 8, 2013
      That happened to me several years ago as well, except it fried the serial card in my computer too.  Luckily the spike wasn’t enough to kill the computer.

      From: H. Smith
      Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 6:29 PM
      Subject: Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Communications Error or invalid/corrupt data

      You might try Heavyweather just to see if it can get any data.

      What might have happened, if there was lightning in your area, and you are in wired mode, that the RS-232 interface on the console is fried. It happened to me once as well. The console can be swapped out for a new one and the sensors are probably Ok if this is what happened to you.

      Did you have lightning in the area when it last worked?