21396Re: Problem with wind values

  • touristua
    Nov 8, 2012
      As I observed yesterday, about 3 hour was permanently incorrectly data, then few hours everything was correct. Then again all night was bad data. Now I turn on option "Reject All Wind Speeds Above 78 MPH", but this only decrease value of wrong speeds. Pls look here graph from WUnderground: http://i072.radikal.ru/1211/3a/cc368938cf0b.jpg

      This is data from last night. Values is in km/h. Max is about 35 m/s, but the real wind was max 7-10 m/s.

      I think for now I'll disable wind sensor

      > Does the gust report incorrectly some of the time or all of the time?
      >
      > It would seem that the wind speed would never been correct if broken. Gust should be the highest wind speed over the past 10 minutes.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Viktor Shynkarenko" <somesvl@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello.
      > >
      > > Thank you for your reply. Today I make some useful action to find problem.
      > >

      > > I try to find reason of wrong wind data step by step to exclude different
      > > part of the system. After each step I made clear data on console and wait
      > > for new wind gust data.
      > >
      > > First, I plug off AC adapter from console and wait for 30 minutes: situation
      > > is no change.
      > >
      > > Second, I change USB cable from PC to console to more shorter: no change.
      > >
      > > Then, I plug off USB data logger from console: the same, no change.
      > >
      > > And the last, I move console to the yard, and set it near the ISS (2 meter):
      > > the wind data also was wrong.
      > >

      > > During last step I use diagnostic screen on console both the receipt and
      > > transmit. By this statistic there were no any bad packet was transmitted or
      > > receipted. Good packets on receipt was 100%, the same is for transmit. And
      > > the signal level was very good about -20.-70 dBm, noice level not less than
      > > -110 dBm. So I think it is not interference in this case.
      > >

      > > I read in Davis manual that wind speed measured by reed switch. Can be that
      > > this reed became broken or magnetic material from the axis of the anemometer
      > > fell off?
      > >

      > > ----
      > >
      > > Best regards,
      > >

      > > Viktor Shynkarenko