21077Re: [wuhu_software_group] OpenWeather
- Aug 3, 2012If anyone wants to sign up and post stuff to openweathermap.org
In a nutshell have WUHU run curl.
curl -d 'temp=20&humidity=&lat=49.11&long=24.11&alt=200' --user 'username:pass' http://openweathermap.org/data/post
They are expecting:
- wind_dir - wind direction, grad
- wind_speed - wind speed, mps
- temp - temperature, grad C
- humidity - relative humidity, %
- pressure - atmosphere pressure
- wind_gust - speed of wind gust, mps
- rain_1h - rain in recent hour, mm
- rain_24h - rain in recent 24 hours, mm
- rain_today - rain today, mm
- snow - snow in recent 24 hours, mm
- lum - illumination, W/M²
- lat - latitude
- long - longitude
- alt - altitude, m
- radiation - radiation
- dewpoint - dewpoint
- uv - UV index
Download curl here for windows:
It is under the Win32 section
Add this to your action file, update the lat, long, alt, and --user settings below to your values.
Note this is all on one line:
curl -d 'lat=your lat&long=your long&alt=your alt&wind_dir=%[wind_direction]deg%&wind_speed=%[wind_speed]mps%&temp=%[outdoor_temperature]deg_C%
&rain_1h=%[rain_1h]mm%&rain_24h=%[rain_24h]mm%&rain_today=%[rain_24h]mm%&dewpoint=%[dewpoint]deg_C%' --user 'username:pass' http://openweathermap.org/data/post
Only values not supported are radiation and uv.
I guessed that they want pressure as hpa, and dewpoint at C
On 8/2/2012 8:36 PM, Bob Tyszka wrote:
I was reading this newsletter today and decided to look into the article on OPENWEATHER. When I clicked on the link it opened to a map of the local area. I saw a "wi-fi" symbol over California City so I clicked on it. Turns out my wx data was appearing on the site already, I guess I won't have to sign up. And I thought I was going to share some exciting new opportunity with all you fine folks, but you are probably already on it also.
Have a great weekend.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>