20945Re: Hot one today...

  • Ken
    Jul 6, 2012
      Wow, Heath! Camping over the fourth took commitment. I guess there are less complimentary descriptions one might apply. But I'll stick with commitment. :) Hope it was on a body of water. Must have been or you'd complain about more than the nights.

      It is 102 for the moment, here. (KINPORTA5) The Dew point is a whopping 80. That'd stuck to the mid 70's most of the week. That puts the heat index at a new record (here) of 125. And that isn't the highest for this area. (127) Things are still climbing.

      I used to camp just up the road from you a piece. (Baldwin) But that was in a travel trailer with A/C. I am guess the national forest there is posted for fire hazards. It has been really dry here. Haven't mowed in two months.

      > I certainly feel privileged to have power and A/C over the past few days. Was out camping and it was down right miserable at night.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <yahoo@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'll see your 107 and raise you. :)
      > >
      > > Top Heat Index was 122. Current: 112 Yesterday actual 105.9
      > >
      > > Isn't it fun being part of all these new records? We are so privileged!

      > > > Apparent temperature is 107.5F here in S.E. Michigan, pretty miserable out there.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic