20388Re: Rain Total Error

  • don_wa5ngp
    Feb 7, 2012
      I take back my comments. Must have been operator error. Yesterday, I ran the wuhu software to zero out the grand total and it did it.
      It only shows .02 now, down from 70".

      The online reporting model is a 2316, the standalone model is a 2317. I've never been able to manually reset the total to 0.0 so I guess I'll connect the 2317 to my pc and have wuhu try to reset its rainfall total as well.

      Part of the erroneous data got in there when I had to clean the rain gauge. (spider webs). I'm going to add a switch to the gauge so I can turn it off while cleaning to avoid that problem in the future.

      sorry for erroneous post initially.

      don

      > As Don Lafferty asked, I will need your station console type (make/model).

      > > Does the console show the rain total?
      > >
      > > Maybe we can take a look at it this weekend.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "don_wa5ngp" <don_wa5ngp@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I can verify that the console total (I have 2 receiver consoles one of which gets reported to wuhu) seems to never be correct. Must be some kind of bug in the console firmware. Maybe off by 10X?
      > > >
      > > > I have never figured out how to reset to zero the total in the console. Has anyone been able to do that? I know about hdwr reset and setup etc but I've never been successful in clearing that total on the console.
      > > >
      > > > Don

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic