20139Re: La Crosse WS-2812-IT w/ HWP 2800 has me stumped

    Dec 28, 2011
      I believe that the service is the software that is actually updating the currdat.lst file. I have never heard that the currdat.lst file updates stop if you run the HW software. Is this true even after some period of time? Perhaps the HW software is using the service to download the history and after some time that operation would complete and currdat.lst updates would resume.

      There is no way to sync up CWOP uploads to the quarter hour. In fact the operators of CWOP want randomization in the uploads so that this does not happen. A few years ago their servers were being flooded because of this. The timing does begin as soon as the first upload occurs.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, George Allen <geo.allen@...> wrote:

      > Hi all; I finally got around to using WUHU216_32_B20 with a La Crosse
      > WS-2812-IT and Heavyweather Pro 2800 ver 1.54 [the current release]
      > to upload data to CWOP.
      > but my issues are well beyond the basics. I'm used to Davis wx
      > software and CWOP uploads [DW2257/2258], but the La Crosse HWP pgm is
      > junk and almost undocumented. The HWP software interface is horrid
      > [did I say ugly too?].
      >
      > I can get data to upload to CWOP [DW9170], but only if HWP is "just
      > so"; there are many strange things that I am clueless about. My goal
      > is to get a CWOP upload a 15-min avg value every 15-min [900 sec],
      > at/near the top of the 15-min interval [since my cwop id ends in 0
      > this is what they like to spread the load around].
      >
      > I have the HWP "recording interval" set to 15 minutes, and indeed
      > that's what shows up in the HWP 'current wx' "data" list in HWP - a
      > record every 15 min on the quarter hour - that can be exported
      > manually just fine. BUT the currdat.lst file is updating every 4[!]
      > seconds. I can't find a way to change that. Under HWP options, the
      > 'keep wx station in hi-speed communications mode" is unchecked [altho
      > I have no idea what that means].
      >
      > The 'heavyweatherservice' is running [the HWP installation did that],
      > and the 'current wx' in HWP gets updated w/out HWP pro running. What
      > is the HW-service supposed todo? For a while [earlier in my learning
      > curve], it seemed that currdat.lst wouldn't update unless HWP pro
      > **wasn't** running [and it wasn't updating every 4 secs either], but
      > now I can't reproduce that.
      >
      > So.... does anyone know what controls what? I have no idea if I'm
      > uploading 4-sec avg data to cwop or 15-min avg [what I want], but it
      > is at least uploading 4x/hour as it should. I also can't get WUHU to
      > upload on the quarter hour; it seems to start the 15-min upload
      > cycle when WUHU is started [not sure here, but it seems randome at
      > each WUHU restart].
      >
      > Any pointers for getting HWP and WUHU to act as a coherent team are
      > greatly appreciated. WUHU is a great pgm!
      > Thanks - George

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic