19599Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: WUHU fails to start after Windows XP upgrade

  • Jaye Ellen Burke
    Sep 8, 2011
      If all else fails, you could restore your computer to a date prior to the fateful update.

      Just my humble opinion ---  I'm also running WUHU on a Win XP machine and all updates are current; maybe there is something else wrong?

      Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

      On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:20 AM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

      The latest upgrade I have is (KB2607712) from yesterday & has to do with fixing some bogus certificate information & everything is running fine at this point. Not sure what b186/197 is....

      Arnold In The Smokies
      DW1121

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "chris.armes@..." <chris.armes@...> wrote:

      > XP went off and did its upgrade thing last night and everything stopped working...
      >
      > previously running b186, upgraded to b197 same problem
      >
      > WUHU starts off and goes thru' the waiting for computer startup part and then aborts, everytime.
      >
      > Direct connect to a LaCrosse that has worked happily for many months including coping with Windows updates, power outages and the like auto reboots and restarts, but not this time.
      >
      > Only workaround I've found is to go back to using the heavweather software and have WUHU interogate the history file, direct connect to the LaCrosse now fails since the 3.15am XP update.
      >
      > I'd wanted to get away from using heavyweather but I'm now stuck using it again as direct connect no longer works, any ideas what the XP upgrade did last night to break things?

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic