19544Re: [wuhu_software_group] 5.9 Earthquake in Virginia

  • Larry Myers
    Aug 23, 2011
      I Live in north eastern Maryland and was on the second floor of an office building and felt it quite a bit, not sure how it ranks on the scale but the building felt like it may fall at times since I have never been through it before. would say it was moving a few inches side to side and up and down, really amazing.

      Hope everyone else fared equally as well, since I had no damage.
      Larry

      On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Jaye Ellen Burke <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:

      I used to live in Mountain View, CA south of San Francisco, when the Loma Prieta Earthquake hit; the shaking started, and just seemed to NEVER stop; result was the 7.1 or 7.2 earthquake, along with hundreds of big aftershocks.  A local television station was broadcasting from Los Gatos, going more towards the epicenter, and I witnessed an aftershock on tv and felt it myself around 15 seconds later.  Earthquakes can affect people and land in strange fashion.  I am glad that I did NOT feel this quake, as I have no urge to be reaquainted to their effects.  Best to all in its area of effect, and hoping no one is hurt or killed.

      Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

      On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Chris Mattingly <chris@...> wrote:

      I live in the Triad area of NC and the reports vary quite a bit.  My wife and I didn't feel a thing at our house, but my dad who lives about 3 miles away (the way the crow flies) called in a panic right after it happened asking if we felt it.

      My brother-in-law's wife felt it down in Wilmington, NC.  Friends in the RDU (Raleigh) area are reporting having felt it while others didn't feel it.

      Geography is quite interesting in how it carried the seismic activity with this one!

      On 8/23/2011 4:43 PM, wuhu_software wrote:

      Did anyone feel the Earthquake today at about 1:50pm today?

      I was on a 5th floor in a building near Detroit and felt it quite a bit. I thought I was having stroke or something at first. About 30 mins later the news article was posted on news.yahoo.com.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic