19163Re: Upgrade my WS-2317 or keep this? Re-starting weather station.

  • Joe S
    May 2, 2011
      Actually, I read about the Davis Vue that the original reply came in. When I read more about the Vue versus the Pro2, it seems that the Pro2 is what I really need.

      Thanks for the link to eBay - this looks like they offer great deals. I'm wondering, though, if I should look at the fan-aspirated model for the radiation shield. But I guess if I am looking to post my hygrometer on a fence post just a few feet off the ground and above grass, I might not get much radiation that would interfere, thus lessening the need of the fan aspiration. (That and it's a few hundred $$$ extra too!)

      Joe

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "William D" <wdepriest@...> wrote:

      > I replaced my LaCrosse 2308 with a brand new Davis VP2 wireless last summer.
      >
      > I got it for 380 bucks from Provantage Corp (http://www.provantage.com/davis-instruments~880DAVS.htm) on eBay. They are an authorized reseller of Davis stations and sell them on their site, but regularly put stations on eBay where you can get one for much cheaper.
      >
      > Here is one thats on eBay now from them: http://cgi.ebay.com/Davis-Wireless-Vantage-Pro-2-Weather-Station-6152-Pro2-/140539663819?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b8d115cb#ht_3074wt_1140
      >
      > I absolutely love the VP2, haven't had any issues with it at all and you can't beat the 2 second updates!
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty <don@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Or you could buy a brand new Oregon Scientific WMR968 for about $200. Of
      > > course the Davis is a better device but the OS works very well.
      > >
      > > Don
      > >

      > > On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 2:03 AM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@>wrote:
      > >

      > > > Joe,
      > > >
      > > > Over on the weather forum someone is selling a 3 year old Davis Vue for
      > > > $200.
      > > >
      > > > http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=11429.0
      > > >
      > > > It probably does not come with a logger which you would need to send data
      > > > to the PC but I have heard those can go as cheap as $75 on eBay.
      > > >
      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joe S" <latenightgator@>

      > > > needed to take my thremo-hydro and rain sensors off the roof of my home
      > > > where my anemometer was installed. Roof is probably a good 40 feet off the
      > > > ground, so the wind readings were good. I learned that I should have my rain
      > > > collector lower due to blowing wind affecting it. There was too much
      > > > reflective heat coming off my roof that was giving me much higher readings.

      > > > equipment if there is something in the under $500 range.

      > > > I would like to get very frequent wind updates as near real-time as
      > > > possible. (Note: for this, I used a cabled (not wireless) connection).

      > > > equipment in my price range that might make me happier?

      > > --
      > > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
      > > something that doesn't suck.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic