191Re: WS3600/WS3610

  • David Higgins
    Sep 13, 2005

      Have some more information. It works on a PC (ie fixed Serial ports)

      The issue would appear to be with USB-Serial Interface cables (as my
      laptops do not have serial ports). All 3 different USB-Serial ports
      tried on 2 different laptops fail to work with the Heavyweather
      software and the WS3600.

      Now Heavyweather for the 2300 series works just fine with the USB-
      Serial adapters and the WS2308 unit. Either it is a problem with the
      WS3600 or a problem with the software.

      So, how does one report defects/bugs to Heavyweather?

      David Higgins
      Canberra, Australia

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "David Higgins"
      <higginsdj@b...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have a version of heavyweather that works with the
      > WS3600? On one of my computers it connects reads the data once and
      > then ends up displaying cannot find weather station on com port X.
      > my other PC it goes through the 'Communicating with Weather Station'
      > but nothing is displayed then it gives the cannot find..... message.
      > I note that my install does not contain a history.dat file and even
      > when it connects and get the first information it doesn't write a
      > histroy.dat file.
      > Is this a known issue or have I got another dud?
      > Cheers
      > David Higgins
      > Canberra, Australia
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic