18923Re: WUHU does not honor main display wind unit setting set in INI-file

  • J.Laiho
    Mar 13, 2011
      Hi.

      In my case, the value MPS was changed to 3 after I closed WUHU.

      So I tested the newer refresh of B183 and it now retains the MPS as the value, as it should do. I have informed all WUHU users to install the latest version of B183 and before starting WUHU, to edit the numeric value back to MPS or whatever they wish it to be.

      Glad to see that the problem is now solved. Thank you very much for your effort!

      Best Regards,
      Juha Laiho
      Weather Station Operator
      Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
      Helsinki, Finland
      CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

      > Juha,
      > After your last post, I realized what is going on. The format that is
      > used to load the setting was using text (MPH, KPH, etc), but the routine
      > that was used to save the internal setting was saving a numeric value.
      > If a user had hit Stop at some point then re-started processing, the
      > incorrect value was saved to the INI file.
      > To correct please have users install this refreshed copy of B183
      > <http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/files/WUHU216_32_B183.zip> .
      > Either do not start the program at the end of the install or exit the
      > program.
      > Verify the setting in the WUHU Configuration.ini using Notepad. If you
      > find a numeric value for this setting (0, 1, 2, etc), change it to text
      > (MPH, KPH, MPS, etc).
      > Then start WUHU.
      > Thanks.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "J.Laiho" <jjantti2@>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi.
      > >
      > > No. I've asked all the users having this problem where this line is
      > located and all of them replied saying it's found under [General
      > Settings].
      > >
      > > In addition to that, all of them are stating that they never had to
      > manually enter that line to the ini file. Instead, they found this line
      > in their .ini file:
      > > Display Wind Units=0
      > >
      > > and simply edited that to:
      > > Display Wind Units=MPS
      > >
      > > However, it still didn't work.
      > >
      > > And to make this whole thing a bit more interesting, two out of three
      > operators claimed they did things exactly like I did, but the wind
      > speeds are still shown at km/h... and they're all running B182.
      > >
      > > I have to admit, I'm truly lost now. How on earth it's working for me
      > but not for most of them?
      > >
      > > Best Regards,
      > > Juha Laiho
      > > Weather Station Operator
      > > Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
      > > Helsinki, Finland
      > > CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

      > wuhu_software@ wrote:
      > > >

      > > > That is interesting. I do not suppose those users accidentally
      > posted the line in a different section?
      > > >
      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "J.Laiho" <jjantti2@>

      > the line

      > file, (where it seems to be originally placed), results in failure to
      > change the value.

      > make it work after WUHU is upgraded to B182.

      > serve as a clue.

      > all, just in case if you happen to agonise with the very same problem.

      > INI file settings (=MPS).

      > and if I remember correctly, this feature was introduced somewhere
      > between B127 and B150. I suspect this problem was at our end.

      > B182. Should any problems arise, I'll let you know. I am sorry for
      > jumping the gun on this matter.

      > operators as well.

      > there's no wind at the moment, so I can't verify if the update has
      > provided any changes.

> [...]
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic